AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My 3R Royal Ruby Red Pair(less Male) raising 4 babies

Registered Member

Default My 3R Royal Ruby Red Pair(less Male) raising 4 babies

Hi

Wanted to share my 3R Royal Ruby Red Pair. They have been laying eggs for a few months now. Never had wigglers until I put them back into the main tank. I separated them again to see if the eggs will hatch. But before the eggs to hatch, I separated the male from the female and the eggs. The eggs hatched and I saw wigglers. The wigglers were getting to be free swimming so I decided to remove the male out of the tank. For now, 4 babies have survived and the female is caring for them. I've been using Forrest Aquabites for frys. It's been almost a week since they attached to mom. They seem to eat the aqua bites. Didn't want to hatch baby brine shrimp for such a small batch. Wish me luck that I can get them grow out.fullsizeoutput_3364.jpg

Registered Member

Default Re: My 3R Royal Ruby Red Pair(less Male) raising 4 babies

Kenny...thanks for all your help! You have answered all my questions to get me to this point. You're the best!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    Hi

Wanted to share my 3R Royal Ruby Red Pair. They have been laying eggs for a few months now. Never had wigglers until I put them back into the main tank. I separated them again to see if the eggs will hatch. But before the eggs to hatch, I separated the male from the female and the eggs. The eggs hatched and I saw wigglers. The wigglers were getting to be free swimming so I decided to remove the male out of the tank. For now, 4 babies have survived and the female is caring for them. I've been using Forrest Aquabites for frys. It's been almost a week since they attached to mom. They seem to eat the aqua bites. Didn't want to hatch baby brine shrimp for such a small batch. Wish me luck that I can get them grow out.fullsizeoutput_3364.jpg
    Are the fry eating the Aquabites? The fish looks nice.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Are the fry eating the Aquabites? The fish looks nice.
    I think they have. I put right on top of the mom. They seem to be running at it.