AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: finally

Registered Member

Default finally

I have what I thought could be a possible pair. A male blue turq,7-1/2 " and a female blue ss, 6-1/2". Both beautiful, my dream pair to breed.
    Well finally They have. Now I didn't see it happen so I don't know whether he fertilized the eggs or not. However, they are both
    tending the eggs. Only time will tell. They are in a 29, w/c-75%/day @ 83-85 f everyday. Fed 2/day fdbw and my chicken/sea food mix{wild caught salmon, wild caught shrimp, chicken w/o antibiotics, ect. and all the other suspects, kale, ect.
    3 questions
    1-Should I do a w/c everyday, say just enough to clean up the bottom and not uncover the eggs?
    2- Should I continue to feed them,albeit sparsely?
    3-Should I add pp to the tank?
    Thank you
    Jay

Default Re: finelly

There is no need for PP
    Some pairs eat normally when they are in breeding and tending mode, some don't. Just let the fish tell you.
    WC depends on how spooky the pair is. Most tolerate normal WC because they're used to it. I found from experience that the eggs will still hatch if they are exposed to the air for a few minutes.

Good luck! A first pair is such an exciting thing, but it's nothing compared to what you feel when you get your first wigglers. Let's see some pics!
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Default Re: finelly

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    There is no need for PP
    Some pairs eat normally when they are in breeding and tending mode, some don't. Just let the fish tell you.
    WC depends on how spooky the pair is. Most tolerate normal WC because they're used to it. I found from experience that the eggs will still hatch if they are exposed to the air for a few minutes.

Good luck! A first pair is such an exciting thing, but it's nothing compared to what you feel when you get your first wigglers. Let's see some pics!
    Thanks Liz
    Not my first pair, but definitely my best pair[potential pair]
    Jay