AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help me buy some discus

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: help me buy some discus

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherfishkeeper View Post
    Can we post links on here? If so I can show the places I’m thinking of getting my fish...
    Please do. I'd like to see so we can provide input.

I'm not sure if you guys are joking or not, but Kenny is an importer. Not sure if he exports, lol... But... you may be able to ask him if Forrest has any distributors in your area...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Please do. I'd like to see so we can provide input.

I'm not sure if you guys are joking or not, but Kenny is an importer. Not sure if he exports, lol... But... you may be able to ask him if Forrest has any distributors in your area...
    Cool these are the places I’m looking at. The nearest to me is devotedly discus, the others are 4-6 hours away

https://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/

https://www.blackcountryaquatics.co....ndker-discus-2

https://www.puncharddiscus.co.uk/pun...iscus-strains/

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks, any reason? Or just because they are the nearest to me
    ☺️

Real Name
    Brian

No, someone in UK gave me that review link. They also say that Punchard has some outstanding discus and is a great seller...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    No, someone in UK gave me that review link. They also say that Punchard has some outstanding discus and is a great seller...
    Ah ok, yeah that link just took me to the google search of devotedly discus 👍

Real Name
    Brian

Strange... It should have popped up a bunch of reviews, which are very good.

I'm sending you a PM as well.

Thanks for the PM, I really appreciate the help. Always a sign of a good forum!

I’m pretty much decided to get Stendker discuss, now it’s just deciding what strain to go for.

I’m going to get 8 to start with, would you recommend just getting one strain if I’m looking to breed them at some point?

The reason I ask is I’d like to move some of the fry on, not to make money but I imagine that if I’m successful breeding I’m going to run out of tank space eventually. My worry is if I mix strains I’ll end up with fish that people won’t want...

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I think that is a wise decision mate. If you get 8 of one strain, do well growing them to breeding size, and have a mix of sexes, you can select the best male and female you have for shape & color and go from there.
    It does seem to me that there is generally more interest in the brighter colors, but I may be wrong about that. You should go with the strain you like the look of best as adults. If you do well with raising fry you should be able to move them fairly easily, especially if you are able to ship. My favourite Stendker is the Flachen or Flachen Snake Skin.
    All the best on your new adventure!

Thanks for everyone’s help.

We got there in the end!

8 stendkers of one strain that I will grow out! Sounds like a plan! Can’t wait to get started 😊

And in terms of strains I’m going more towards the wild looking ones now... decisions decisions 😊

Ok leopard snakeskins have taken my fancy... pretty certain that’s my final decision 😊

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123