ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus order problem

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Discus order problem

My post was in reference to adults... And one of those "experts" I listened to was the USA Stendker distributor, lol...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    7 x 2.5" fish in a 20g is easily done. Just take a look at the grow out contest threads. Pretty much everyone that participated kept their juvies in 10-20g tanks way past 2.5". If you tank filtration is properly cycled and you change 75% of the water daily with heated aged water you will be fine, even feeding 3-4 times a day.
    I agree with this. Again, I presently have 6 in a 30 gallon. Three are 6 inches and 3 are 4 inches. All is well with religious water changes but temporary until a set up a 20 gallon for a pair, Blue Scorpion and Striped Alenquer, who appear to courting. I will then probably remain at 4 in that 30 gallon.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    My post was in reference to adults... And one of those "experts" I listened to was the USA Stendker distributor, lol...
    Come on, Salty, in my mind you are the expert. For sure you saved one of my fish who had lost its slime coat. Seven tlb salt per 10 gallons and I added prime to that and within one week the fish was fully recovered and making moves on a beautiful Striped Alenquer male.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12