AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Sick Discus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Darren Allen

Default Sick Discus

I am a missionary in Guatemala on a limited budget. Discus fish here are very expensive. I have a discus that is swimming with a list and has a light brown spot under its front pectoral fin. I change water ever 1 or 2 weeks. Just change Sunday. Just checked chemistry: Low PH 7.6, High PH 8.0, Ammonia 0.0, Nitrite 0.0, Nitrate 0.0. Except for the PH everything seem normal. We do have two black veil angel fish that are very aggressive. I have not been able to upload a photo. The discus is a blue striped when it was healthy. It is now darkened with brown stripes. Stressed I know. What do I need to do the get it healthy again. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Dallen; 08-08-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Sick Discus

Hello Darin and welcome to the forum!!

You are from Guatemala, can I assume your discus are wilds? I would like you to double check your water... you should have nitrates present in your tank with ammonia and nitrites 0...

Can you follow this link and copy the questionnaire, answer the questions then paste it on your next reply here? These questions are critical in helping you...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete

Brian