Cafepress Store     AquaticSuppliers.com

Thread: Clipping hose to tank?

iTrader
    Real Name
    Ally

Default Clipping hose to tank?

I tried using the pond pump technique to fill up my tank yesterday and it worked beautifully - other than the fact I have too much hose and it took twice as long as it should have.

I do have a question though - what do you use to clip the hose to the tank to prevent the hose from just falling out of the tank and creating soggy devastation? Mine kept trying to sneak out once the water was high enough.
    I don't have a lid to wedge it under, and I recall someone here posting an image of a clip that worked well on thicker hoses. Would love to know what people use!

Secondly - what airline/hose do you use? MY pump can take a few different diameters, but I like the .5 size best. The hose I have is very prone to kinking and I can see the winding up afterwards getting old real fast. Unfortunately, I need 50ft to get from my ageing barrel to the tank...
    Last edited by Pudmuppy; 09-05-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Clipping hose to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Pudmuppy View Post
    I tried using the pond pump technique to fill up my tank yesterday and it worked beautifully - other than the fact I have too much hose and it took twice as long as it should have.

I do have a question though - what do you use to clip the hose to the tank to prevent the hose from just falling out of the tank and creating soggy devastation? Mine kept trying to sneak out once the water was high enough.
    I don't have a lid to wedge it under, and I recall someone here posting an image of a clip that worked well on thicker hoses. Would love to know what people use!

Secondly - what airline/hose do you use? MY pump can take a few different diameters, but I like the .5 size best. The hose I have is very prone to kinking and I can see the winding up afterwards getting old real fast. Unfortunately, I need 50ft to get from my ageing barrel to the tank...
    This https://www.zoro.com/irwin-spring-cl...UaArZTEALw_wcB.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

iTrader
    Real Name
    Ally

Default Re: Clipping hose to tank?

Thanks, Pat! Just ordered some!