AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello from the UK

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luke

Default Hello from the UK

Hi guys,

Thought i would introduce myself!

I'm from the south east of the UK and will be getting back into keeping discus following a 2.5 year gap looking after a Flowerhorn.

I am looking at a sumped tank this time around, 300l (75 gallon) with a 150l (35-40 gallon) sump, which I'll utilise when I do water changes.

Aim for the new tank is to have a group of around 8 with some plecs in there.

Any comments / questions welcome

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Hello from the UK

Hi Luke and welcome to Simply. Sounds like you have a nice sized tank and sump. Are you considering domestics or wilds? How will you setup your tank, BB, planted or perhaps biotope? What is your quarantine plan for the discus and plecos?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Brian

Welcome Luke!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luke

Hi Pat,

I would love to go wilds, but I enjoy the reward of growing out from youngsters (say around 2.5"). So I will be going for domestic. I may try wilds in the future, but I'll have to convince the wife to allow a fish room!

In terms of QT, I do have a 90l (20-25 gallon) tank that will be set up with a sponge filter. This was my QT system before when I had a 500L (125 gallon) set up.

Aim for the tank is to go for semi planted, but leaning more towards swimming space so likely to have minimum wood etc stopping this.

I wanted to before, but never could, get hold of some rarer plecs. So lets see how it goes this time around.