ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little puppies

Default My little puppies

My little ones were born 2 weeks ago last Saturday. Their eyes are now wide open and they learned to walk (poorly) yesterday afternoon. I set up a puppy play pen for them and moved them this morning. They're in my living room. Whatever will customers think when they walk in and see a bunch of puppies?

The babies will be eating real food in a few days. At that point mom will no longer clean up their pee and poo. It will be my job. I will be begging old news papers from strangers on the street
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 08-20-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: My little puppies

I bet they are as cute as can be Liz Any pics?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I want to see them too Liz! You are a pro at dog care, all will be well!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

They're about old enough now that they look like something other than a wiggling blob of who knows what. I'll get snapping pics later today.
    Mama Bear

I have a ton of pics and I started trying to post them yesterday but my dang computer was giving me a hard time and I had to reboot. They're 3 1/2 weeks old now and eating, kind of. Most don't realize that it's food until they walk in it and start tasting it. They yearn for mama, but their mama is over them and starting to act like my old Pip again...playing with toys and playing wrestle with her husband, Bruno. Mama has to go to them occasionally when she has so much milk she needs some relief. Her sharp nails scratch her poor boobies so she goes in their pen gets relief and boob scratching at the same time and leaves ASAP.

I'm starting to be able to tell things about them. Most of them are short legged like mama. Some have tight bodies like dad and some are loose and cuddly like she is. The little female is quite up on leg and very athletic, just like dad.

I put their pen outside every day until it gets too hot for them. By then the washable pee pads I keep them on are dry and I've mopped the floor. Then I haul them back inside. Monday was hell because it rained all day so I couldn't put them out. I changed their pee pads to old towels but by bed time, the house started smelling like dog piss anyway.

I'm looking forward to the point where I can let them outside like I do with my adult dogs and just bring them inside and put them in their play pen for the night. That will take another 3 or 4 weeks. At that point they'll be ready to go to new homes...all but one or two which I will keep. I had to put my old Chloe to sleep last week. I planted her in my vegetable garden to be. I'll be able to thank her every time I pick a 'mater. I only have 4 adult dogs now, and half of them are old. I am low on dogs.

sorry for the ramble...
    Mama Bear

Sorry about no pics. I have them on my memory card but keep doing nothing with them.

The puppies turned 5 weeks old today. Pip, their mama, suddenly does not want them sucking on her breasts. She still loves them but all she wants to do is lick their butts and pee pee's and play with them. When they try to attach she moves away. She trying to dry up and she knows that they will get what they need from me. I was surprised.

I met a client with an ancient dog at a "wander around and find something nice you need for nothing store" yesterday, We hugged and chatted. She was interested in the puppies and I told her all about them. She said that Bo Bo was 14 years old and having problems breathing so she wanted another good dog because the time would come soon when she would have to do the hard thing.As she and I were chatting another nice lady came up who heard that we were talking about puppies. She's interested in getting one as well. I also stumbled upon a set of 1400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets for 8 bucks. That was a productive trip for sure.
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

We want pics, we want pics!
    Barb =)

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Tomorrow. I promise.
    Mama Bear

I'm a little distracted right now but I promised pics so here goes. BTW I wormed them I couple of days ago and they are now eating like pigs and growing like weeds.

One day old
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

Two weeks old
    Mama Bear

two weeks
    Mama Bear

3 weeks
    Mama Bear

4 weeks
    Mama Bear

5 weeks
    Mama Bear

They are even bigger now, at 5 weeks and 3 days.
    Mama Bear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast