ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: roast pork tenderloin

Default roast pork tenderloin

I'm making my own take on a pork loin recipe today. If it turns out I'll tell you all about it. If not I'll just keep my mouth shut. I'm always afraid of doing things differently than the recipe says I should. This time I'm following my mind's taste buds. We shall see how smart my mind's taste bud are.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: roast pork tenderloin

Good luck Liz. I made one yesterday on the grill, wrapped in peppers from the garden and loosely with foil. Very tasty.

Default Re: roast pork tenderloin

I made it and I loved it. I have never written a recipe but I'll do my best to tell you what I did.

preheat oven to 400
    squeeze the juice of an orange and the juice of a lemon in a small casserole dish
    in another dish mix together a teaspoon each of dried oregano, morjoram, thyme, smoked paprika,and salt, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, cumin, and hot mexican chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of fine/medium ground black pepper.
    Take your tenderloin and pack this about 1/3 of the mixture on to it. Add the rest to the juice mixture in the casserole dish and stick it in the oven to get hot.

Heat a cast iron skillet with a bit of oil until very hot and brown the tenderloin on all sides. Put the tenderloin in the casserole, spooning the liquids over the top and cook until internal temp is 140 basting 1/2 way through. remove and tent for 10 minutes.
    Slice, put on plate and spoon sauce over the slices.

I had this with with roast potatoes, but it would be better.

I hope I explained this well and I hope that you enjoy it, too.
    Mama Bear