ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Tefe strain photo request

Real Name
    Ally

Default Tefe strain photo request

I am currently trying to decide which strains to keep, and am particularly interested in the tefe (domestic strain), however it is hard to find good photos of adults with what seems to be the same few photos circulating. I would be very appreciative of any photos you have of your adults - especially if Stendker!

Thanks muchly!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Tefe strain photo request

Hi Ally, have you checked out the pics on Han's website? https://discusfishstore.com/product-...y/tefe-discus/.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ally

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Ally, have you checked out the pics on Han's website? https://discusfishstore.com/product-...y/tefe-discus/.
    Pat
    Hi Pat! I have (drooled) looked at them a lot! However, I am finding that they can be quite variable in coloration and patterns and was intrigued as to how others looked in adulthood! I did find this video a few minutes ago - would you say that this is a pretty good example overall?

Last edited by Pudmuppy; 08-25-2019 at 05:10 PM. Reason: messy layout

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Ally, that video seems to show how varied the Hans Tefe can be and represents what I have seem at the NADA shows. Now note that I have see only a handful in person.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Also look at the Striped Alenquer. This will generally be a brown based Discus with heavy blue striations across all of the body. Depending on the individual fish but mine is marked that way.
    Last edited by peewee1; 08-25-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Registered Member

Ally, I was thinking that you could email Kenny at Kenny's Discus. He has a Blue Alenquer in stock. Ask his opinion about differences between the Tefe and the Striped Alenquer and the Blue Alenquer.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    matt

I have a tefe from hans I purchased about 3 weeks ago that is currently 3inches. in hans store you can see a slight variance from fish to fish of the same strain, but his fish look and behave as health fish should. I will be going back to his fish house on feb 7th or 8th. I can try to take a short video clip of his adult tefe, if that isnt too long of a wait for you. check out discus hans usa on facebook. he has uploaded a lot of short clips of his stock. silver pigeon, dark angel, and blue diamond are becoming some of my personal favorites as i grow out 15x 2.5 i purchased off hans. you can always email or call hans too, he loves to talk discus.

Real Name
    Willie

Give Hans a call and tell him exactly what color or pattern you need. He's very friendly and helpful.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.