AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: This pair is driving me up the WALL............................

Default This pair is driving me up the WALL............................

Well, one of my, who am I kidding my only pair just got done again with a breeding cycle. To my dismay only 6 fry hatched, the last time only 6 fry hatched so I'm at a loss for words on what to do. He's a big 6.5 maybe bigger Santareem from Hans Discus, she's a striped Alenquer from Forest/Kenny discus. She has spawned successfully with another one of my males but I really liked this combination. My TDS was 69 yesterday after hatching, at the beginning it was 59 TDS, I really haven't checked Ph I read on here it didn't matter. If I'm doing something wrong let me know or should I give up on this pairing. I am also having a similar problem as Liz on here as far as getting new fish of breeding age to pair up, I know I have some males and females who should of given me a sign that they're ready to try a spawn or two,three or four...……. Just venting Jim in Ohio

Default Re: This pair is driving me up the WALL............................

a little more experience on your part an go back to the basics

jeanne

I feel your pain, jimmyjoe. You really can't treat when there is nothing to treat for. The only things to do is either give up or wait it out.
    Mama Bear

Jim don't give up I would say your doing pretty good in that you have had several spawns with some hatching you just need some fine tuning, what are you feeding your discus

Jeanne in ridgeville