AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HELP!! with my discus learning curve

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gaz

Default HELP!! with my discus learning curve

Hi all so am keen to keep discus started getting some tanks in av now got 2 5ft tanks and a 120 cube bit of a rescue that one and needed to be resealed a jewel lido 120. Av got so many unanswered questions been on youtube watching learning all I can but decided to join simply discus forum as would seem no better place for good advice for my learning curve with these beautiful fish. Hope you all don't get sick of me asking a lot as am so keen to learn right my tanks my main tank is 460L 5ft x2 with a sump next we have my other 5ftx2 with two canister filters then my cube tanks are for breeding and (quarantine medication) I plan to use a hma filter when doing my water changes oh and this is the only forum iv ever been on so sorry now if iv got something wrong already in this post

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: HELP!! with my discus learning curve

Welcome Gaz. So far so good. Is this your first launch into fish keeping or have you had tanks before? If no, great idea to learn the basics of the nitrogen cycle, the invisible world of filtration that keeps the fish in your tanks healthy and alive. You can find a plethora of easy to understand stuff in the web about it. Next, in the beginners section here there's a great video resource from Al Sabetta, the SD site owner. Watching this vid will give you heaps of good info regarding starting into discus.
    Happy days on the your new journey mate! The SD crew will gladly guide you as you step in!

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: HELP!! with my discus learning curve

Gaz in the 1st post of this thread there's a link to Al's lesson on discus keeping. When you have a spare 1.5hrs take a look mate!
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!