Cafepress Store     Cafepress Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 114 of 114

Thread: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

  1. #106
    Silver Member Tanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    68
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Tanja

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Now that your QT is empty, you can bring your cat fish/cory or whatever other fish you wanted to bring and start the qt process. Glad you were able to keep all your fish especially Deadalus! I thought for sure he was going to be a gonner.
    I was afraid of infecting the new fish with whatever the pathogen was in the qt room so I put them into another tote for now. So far, I only have Daedalus in the main tank. He started hiding and was obviously stressed maybe for being the only fish in this big tank. How long should I wait before I move the others in? They all seem to be healthy besides for maybe one is still leaning over a little bit.

  2. #107
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    544
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Armando

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
    I was afraid of infecting the new fish with whatever the pathogen was in the qt room so I put them into another tote for now. So far, I only have Daedalus in the main tank. He started hiding and was obviously stressed maybe for being the only fish in this big tank. How long should I wait before I move the others in? They all seem to be healthy besides for maybe one is still leaning over a little bit.

    if after some observation, you do not see any white feces or darkening, go ahead and put them all together. Are they all eating well? You did run the medication for 10 days, right?

  3. #108
    Silver Member Tanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    68
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Tanja

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    if after some observation, you do not see any white feces or darkening, go ahead and put them all together. Are they all eating well? You did run the medication for 10 days, right?
    Yes I run metro for 10 days and heat at 91 for 7 days now. Everybody ate and Daedalus came out for food but didn't eat. He ate fine in his hospital this morning. :/

  4. #109
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    544
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Armando

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
    Yes I run metro for 10 days and heat at 91 for 7 days now. Everybody ate and Daedalus came out for food but didn't eat. He ate fine in his hospital this morning. :/
    That's fine. Now give them time to adjust without medication. I'm so happy for you to get these back to normal health and bringing Deadalus back from the dead.

  5. #110
    Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    28,884
    Blog Entries
    4
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Something Pat told me omes to mind. When you're ready to put them all together, try putting the weakest one (and maybe another small one) in for a few days, then introdu e the rest. Maybe they will hange the pe king order...

    Sorry, my keyboard is rapping out and the " " isn't working
    I was going to suggest this
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening


  6. #111
    Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    28,884
    Blog Entries
    4
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
    Yes I run metro for 10 days and heat at 91 for 7 days now. Everybody ate and Daedalus came out for food but didn't eat. He ate fine in his hospital this morning. :/
    Hi Tanja, I would suggest maintaining the heat for about a week after the end of the metro treatment.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening


  7. #112
    Silver Member Tanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    68
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Tanja

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    That's fine. Now give them time to adjust without medication. I'm so happy for you to get these back to normal health and bringing Deadalus back from the dead.
    I know! But I got bad news... I didn't see any white feces in anybody's tank for at least a week. Then today I put another fish in with D and boom... I saw feces floating around that was cream color. Not bright white, but stringy and white-ish. And this is in the big tank where I just redid everything. :'( Daedalus has a sunken belly but since he hadn't been pooping white I thought for sure it was from his ordeal. I was going to remove him but it might put him through too much stress since I just put him in there... And whatever he had made its way back to my tank already. So... Should I treat him in there or separate him? The other fish in there with him seems fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Tanja, I would suggest maintaining the heat for about a week after the end of the metro treatment.
    Pat
    That sounds like a very good idea. Should I do this in the big tank as well? I'm moving everybody in one fish at a time. Two fish are already there.

  8. #113
    Administrator jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    O.P. KS
    Posts
    4,360
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Brian

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Can you give us a photo of the feces?

  9. #114
    Silver Member Tanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    68
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Tanja

    Default Re: Discus with white cottony growth and white stringly feces - Please Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Can you give us a photo of the feces?
    Thank you Brian I will keep my eye out for it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress             AquaticSuppliers.com