AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look like skin burn

Registered Member

Default look like skin burn

69835669_501890783704979_5513852978513051648_n.jpg

hello, can you tell me what is this on my fish side ?

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: look like skin burn

It's hard to tell. Is it acting poorly? Is it still eating? Do you see anything wrong with any other discus?

Registered Member

thanks for your reply. This fish is acting perfectly, I get it 3 days ago and every thing is ok. but I just notice this thing on her side, there is another fish with gill and fast breath problem, but I know it is another problem

Registered Member

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Looks more like a scratch, do you have sharp objects in tank? maybe drift wood?

Registered Member

I have a drift wood, but it is not sharp at all. if it is a scratch, is it reversible ?

Real Name
    Brian

I agree, from this photo it looks like a scratch or a scrape. To be on the safe side, make sure you do large water changes to keep the water clean and avoid an infection. Keep an eye on it and let us know if yo see changes in behavior...

Registered Member

this fish is supposed to be juvenile, isn't it ? I add some table salt to the tank to help the fish with speed breath, is it bad for the fish with scrape ?

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by khaled View Post
    this fish is supposed to be juvenile, isn't it ? I add some table salt to the tank to help the fish with speed breath, is it bad for the fish with scrape ?
    should be safe and your fish will be fine.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by khaled View Post
    Is the mark on one side, or both? If the slime coat was damaged the Metro and salt treatment will restore the slime coat in 3 to 5 days.

If you got the fish 3 days ago its probably from handling, netting and transport. . The fish in question not only has that rub mark on the side but the tail is badly frayed at the margin.

The salt should help it heal. The only thing I would be cautious of is if the fish were shipped to you... the patch and the fraying could be from Ammonia burns which will take longer to heal and could get infected if the water isnt kept clean. The good news is The salt will also help sooth the burns if from ammonia.

Al..

Ps.. the other fishes labored breath could also be from ammonia burns .
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

thanks a lot dears, I do 30% WC daily, and clean the tank bottom from debris and remaining BH mix many times daily. I need to maximize the size and growth of my juves. Do I need more WC ?

Registered Member

is it help ?

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

That drift wood looks like it could cause some damage. If you do 30% daily and keep the bottom clean then it may not have been ammonia. There are a couple good grow out challenge threads you may want to check out. Has heeps of information on growing out discus. Pat’s thread is very information heavy as she was a thorough documenter.

Most were doing 2x50% water changes daily and others doing 1x100% water changes daily. Everyone has a different setup and ultimately, it is what works best for you.

Based on what AL said, just check your water and make sure you don’t have an ammonia spike.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    That drift wood looks like it could cause some damage. If you do 30% daily and keep the bottom clean then it may not have been ammonia. There are a couple good grow out challenge threads you may want to check out. Has heeps of information on growing out discus. Pat’s thread is very information heavy as she was a thorough documenter.

Most were doing 2x50% water changes daily and others doing 1x100% water changes daily. Everyone has a different setup and ultimately, it is what works best for you.

Based on what AL said, just check your water and make sure you don’t have an ammonia spike.
    the links for these threads if you please...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast