AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Discus Madness - is anyone familiar with them?

Real Name
    Tanja

Default Discus Madness - is anyone familiar with them?

I was looking for a safe place to get some plecos in with my discus. Is anyone familiar with Discus Madness at all?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Discus Madness - is anyone familiar with them?

Hi Tanja, there are quite a few reviews on Discus Madness. Go to Advanced Search and enter "Discus Madness" in the Keywords box. Then change to "Search Titles Only" and you will see the review threads.
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 09-03-2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Removed link
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Tanja

Great thank you so much!

I picked up some discus, angels, bristlenose pleco and cory from them and I did it in person at his facility. I was happy with the fish and he let me take my time picking through the stock.
    Mathias runs a descent, clean operation and I didn't notice anything that gave me any concern.
    That said his reviews seem to be mixed.

Christmas Discus from the Mr. and my sons. Seven snake skins, two red, two green, three blue. Beautiful fish. I watched them for a week. I live within walking distance. Everyday, I visited the shop and just watched the fish. He was absolutely fine with that. Once the husband gave me the go ahead I picked out the ones I wanted. Lucky me, three pair and an odd man out. One pair has spawned once but ate the eggs. Prior to purchasing the discus, I bought a school of lemon tetras. They are gorgeous too. Very pleased with my purchase and the customer service. Photo upload failed so no pictures.
    Last edited by mlw; 12-30-2019 at 11:22 PM. Reason: ADHD I make lots of typos
    A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"

Oh, forgot to mention I purchased a 3/4 inch false zebra pleco almost three years ago. He is about five inches long now.
    A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"

Real Name
    Tom

I drive the 3 hours one way to go to DM a couple times a year .
    The fish are beautiful for sure and Mathias runs a pretty tight ship .
    I have not bought discus from him but black rams and dantumn angles that both were from Danzinger discus farms and top notch ..
    I have also purchased my 10 zebras [ L046 ] from DM without regret.
    I plan on getting back there soon for first trip of the new year and hopefully a bunch of Albino Dantumn angels ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Tom how long have you had the L046's? Are they breeding size and any good fortune with them as yet? Very cool looking pleco mate!

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Tom how long have you had the L046's? Are they breeding size and any good fortune with them as yet? Very cool looking pleco mate!
    Hey Daniel ,
    I have had the first 5 since 6/29 and just got the second group 12/1 .
    They are both in their own 5g tanks ! I just added a pair or single ram to each tank to add some activity ..
    They will be placed together very soon as the newest show nothing but appetite !

This is the first group when I brought them home .
    Kind of cool to see they are larger then the new .
    They are pretty expensive here.I got the 5 for $799 !
    It is a dream fish I would not have bought from just any store and certainly not twice !
    The store smelled strong of Glute last time I was there 12/1 but I don't mind the smell and actually once discussed its use in keeping a fish room healthy and clean ?
    Mathias is tight !
    So being the dream fish I have some time to go ..I hear maybe 3-4 years ?? Into fish for the long run ..I enjoy them .Some of my clown loaches are over 20 years with me .

I got the itch after a customer of mine in Cali ordered 6 EBR from me he said ' to get his zebras to spawn through symbiotic behavior' ..
    I was intrigued and asked him to keep me posted .
    He sent back pictures within the first week of eggs on the plecos tube from my rams and then 2 days later eggs in the tube !
    He did it in under 2 weeks like the fish knew the plan.
    I was hooked and had them on my list ever since ..This year when I went down [both times ] there were no other fish I had interest in !
    SCORE !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Awesome story Tom, such a unique looking pleco. I knew they carried a decent price tag, just like buying nice discus. I look forward to seeing how they go with the symbiotic spawning relationship. That would be super cool. Seems like patience will be a big key getting them to breeding size. There a member here, Adam, who has successfully bred them, but he has been inactive on the forum the last ??months. He has the L046 as his avatar pic. Threads with great info, pics and video like yours is what keeps ole skool forum life going. Appreciate your efforts mate?