AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Window lickers

Default Window lickers

I'm wondering, do discus ever get sick of begging for food a the front of the tank. Mine only inhabit the first three inches of water behind the front pane, mostly. They are juveniles and always hungry for more, even when they are as fat as ticks. Do they ever stop?

I'm beginning to think I've wasted my time with my decorations as my discus don't go near them. Should have got a 6 inch wide tank LOL
    My tank - http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?135251-coopers-6x2x2&highlight=

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Window lickers

Mine utilize the whole tank when there's noone in the rom...once a hand that could feed them is identified they're in the top 8" (fish are 6") moving to & fro trying to make themselves and their desire to eat well known!

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by cooper666 View Post
    I'm wondering, do discus ever get sick of begging for food a the front of the tank. Mine only inhabit the first three inches of water behind the front pane, mostly. They are juveniles and always hungry for more, even when they are as fat as ticks. Do they ever stop?

I'm beginning to think I've wasted my time with my decorations as my discus don't go near them. Should have got a 6 inch wide tank LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Mine utilize the whole tank when there's noone in the rom...once a hand that could feed them is identified they're in the top 8" (fish are 6") moving to & fro trying to make themselves and their desire to eat well known!
    Mine are hilarious. My tank is setup right before the hallway to the bathroom. Every time I go to the bathroom, they rush to the corner facing the hallway. Then, when I come back, they rush to the other side of the tank. Even funnier is when I'm laying down watching TV and raise my hand or feet in the air, they all come swimming to the closest corner lol.

I have so many (13) in my 75 that they consume the whole space.

Real Name
    Mervin

That is called conditioning. Google it. They think you're food. A dog will do tricks for a reward. Fish can be taught to jump and grab it from your hand.