ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Cover X San Merah

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Red Cover X San Merah

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    You'll be fine mate. I went to Australia for 18 days. I had a non fish savy mate stop in and feed 2 AFDBW cubes every 3rd day and no wc's. Can home to a happy, health, HUNGRY bunch of lovely discus! Lol
    I came home to a main tank who's water evaporated and my reef octopus pump grinding! luckily, the pump worked miraculously once I added water. Everyone was fine! shrimp tank never turned off despite the internal timer on the light. I had some algae growth but was wiped clean already. The juvies were fine. They stayed in ambient lighting the whole time but I did forget to turn on their sponge filter and HOB filter for two days. I had my mother inlaw go into the room and connect it. Unfortunately, I have to turn these off when doing water changes because of how skittish they are.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Small update.

This was early in the morning and they were very light colored. I will take a picture in the afternoon when they are more red.

IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2921.jpg
    IMG_2922.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Rounding out nicely mate. They look awesome!

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Rounding out nicely mate. They look awesome!
    Yea. It's been a crazy week with the return of my trip, 4 exams at school, and loads of work to catch up at work that I had too much going on in my head. I, once again, forgot to turn on their filter and, this time, I had the auto feeder on. Unfortunately, I put them through an ammonia spike and I had about .25ppm of nitrite. I was so disappointing in my self that I kinda wanted to give everything up. But, I will stick it out since I don't think two weeks will jeopardize their growth. I think I still have a nice shot to get them as big as their uncles.

On the plus side, I made top 15% of my class which is a huge accolade. Now, to aim for top 10%. I'll definitely hit Dean's list again this semester for 6 semesters in a row.

Real Name
    Brian

You are doing a great job with them Armando!!!

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    You are doing a great job with them Armando!!!
    +1

And congrats on your academic accomplishments. Nice going! Hard to balance everything but sure looks like you're doing great.

And Indulge I did... I just indulged the hell out of those pics. Armando... friend... brother... you must tell me if you ever have another batch!
    -Elliot

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    And Indulge I did... I just indulged the hell out of those pics. Armando... friend... brother... you must tell me if you ever have another batch!
    Will do, Elliot . It looks like there is quite a line for some of these guys. Sometimes I wish I can fast forward a few months just to see them in their prime stage. Cannot wait for their rings and colors to develop.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando
    Last edited by Mando; 11-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

I have two that are exceptionally smaller than the others. I'm assuming that their growth spurt will come later on or could it be a female thing?

I'm falling in love with these fish. I'm noticing their rings are developing more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tshethar View Post
    +1

And congrats on your academic accomplishments. Nice going! Hard to balance everything but sure looks like you're doing great.
    Thank you! It was definitely a happy moment. Balancing is hard!.
    Last edited by Mando; 11-08-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

The fish in 7th photo is called Red. That’s the one Brian and Al are always pointing out. Thr fish in 4th photo is the biggest one of all.

I think #5 and Red have the best shape. What do ya’ll think?
    Last edited by Mando; 11-08-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

They all look great mate. But red is the best shape for sure. When you have a really nice shaped fish like red in a group the minor irregularities of the other fish seem larger than life, lol. Your fish still have a lot of growing and filling out to do yet Mando. You're doing a fabo job with them!

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

They all look great mate. But red is the best shape for sure. When you have a really nice shaped fish like red in a group the minor irregularities of the other fish seem larger than life, lol. Your fish still have a lot of growing and filling out to do yet Mando. You're doing a fabo job with them!
    Thank you, Dan. They have a lot to grow still. So far, this has been my best growing batch so I believe I’ll hit the 6.5” mark, possibly more.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast