pic of month     Aquatic foods

Thread: What do you think about harassment?

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default What do you think about harassment?

Hi, everybody. I want to talk about the subject of harassment. I've been enjoying listening to and reading Jordan Peterson lately and I think he's right about a lot of things. In modern society, there are too many claims in the harassment from women to men. Don't get me wrong, I'm against women being bullied. But I'm also against the oppression of men on the basis of far-fetched harassment.

iTrader

Default Re: What do you think about harassment?

"far-fetched harassment"

Huh...
    This feminist better stay outta this conversation.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mervin

lol.. next time I see red lip stick. I'll know wait the woman is thinkig. He's bit extreme on work place harassment and make up.

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

This is a touchy subject.

I don't think it's far-fetched at all and I do feel that a lot of women do get harassed more than men in many cases, especially in industries dominated by men. However, I also feel that in most cases, some of the people know what they are getting into in order to grow in that particular industry/field. My particular case isn't necessarily addressing any issues for or against women. In my case, I'm addressing any individual (woman or man) who is considered "less than" in the industry and the things that these individuals are willing to endure in order to get what they want or feel a need for; I call these windows of opportunities. I forget the actors name, but this "actor" sexually harassed a young male that came forward years later. Why did he only come forward years later? I'm sure the sexual abuse haunted him and will continue to haunt him for the rest of his life. Moreover, Could it have been fear? most probably. Could it have been because his opportunity would close? Also, probably. We will never know the truth, but my gut feeling is that they did not want the opportunity to shut down therefore creating the latter.

Granted, people who want to grow or achieve certain goals should not have to go through an obstacle such as sexual harassment, and the people who are causing these damages are just nasty pigs.

This is just my 2cents of one of the types of harassment between women and men today. I'm not sure what Jordan Peterson says but I hope I’m not out of context but I will listen to him tonight to give proper input.
    Last edited by Mando; 09-11-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

So I wasn't too far off as it was mostly work related.

I just listened to a few of his interviews during my lunch and I disagree with the interview regarding heels and lip stick. However, I do agree with a LOT of things that he mentions, specifically uniforms. Only because, now a days, if you stare too long, it's considered harassment, and don't we all look! I see a nice car and my jaw drops; I see ice cream and I drool (not really); I see a pretty woman and I feel an attraction; Women see a handsome man and they feel an attraction. It's nature and we are hardwired that way.

In a professional setting, specifically, my office, women are dressing so provocative that it's undoubtedly troublesome. I have a rule of thumb at work, if your dress is more than 2" above your knee cap or you have nothing but a spaghetti strap over your shoulder, you have to go home and change. Regardless of how we dress, lip stick and heels, or any other accessories that we ALL use to look good, there are norms and values that we grow up with and, neither, makeup or a short dress, says "touch me," "kiss me," "DISRESPECT me", etc. There are also different ways to say things respectably. For example, " Hey, so and so, you look great today." vs "Hey, mamasita, you look F'ing FIRE today; lets go for some drinks." Although neither comment is considered sexual harassment on the first occurrence, if you insist for a date and continue with sexy talk, then this immediately translates to harassment.

There are rules and boundaries we grow up with and wearing lip stick and heels should not disrupt this paradigm, let alone sexually. In my opinion, he is right in the sense that we are not really thinking about this matter like we should be because we are afraid of how our comments will translate to the media and we are generally afraid of straight forward talk. The media is selectively picking phrases, comments, and running with it to stir the pot.

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    221 (100%)

I read the title here and clicked on the link expecting to read about a hobbyist worried because some of their discus were being bullied and harassed by bigger ones in the tank or that one of the discus in a pair was harrassing its mate because it wanted to spawn when the other didn't. I can probably offer some good advice in these kinds of matter... but this thread is not one I am really well versed in. I try my darndest not to harrass anyone and get royally ticked if I feel I am being harrassed. Its one of those topics though thats sure to get out of control or to tick someone off... which usually then translates to the team getting harassed here.

By all means discuss the issue but kindly be sure to do so tactfully, intelligently and respectfully. I realize thats asking alot in todays caustic climate but its a proven fact that discus prefer calm dialogue and crash and dart when things get loud and crazy and we all want happy discus, mods, and admins right?.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>We really could use your support. Please DONATE HERE Thanks!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    iTrader

"W*F" does this have to do with discus?

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by bill6148 View Post
    "W*F" does this have to do with discus?
    It’s in a different part of the forum - sub forum.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Is there a problem? I just want to talk about sexual harassment in modern society. I think the forum is the right place for this.

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Ureylana View Post
    Is there a problem? I just want to talk about sexual harassment in modern society. I think the forum is the right place for this.
    It’s perfect place for this post and it’s a good topic. But, I believe it is a difficult conversation to stay within the range of “politically correct”

Registered Member
    iTrader

To be honest, I don't think justice is on the side of women. I had one situation. I met a girl on a Dating site. After a while, we slept together, but then nothing happened. Because of that, she threatened to accuse me of harassment. I found lawyers to consult, here's the data, can someone come in handy- https://mosheslaw.com/title-vii-sex-sexual-harassment/ . I was assured that if we had consensual sex and I didn't hit her or anything like that, she wouldn't be able to accuse me of anything.
    So it seems to me that the only time to worry is when you're really guilty.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mervin

When I was growing up sexual harassment was running rampant just about everywhere you worked. Gay people were reluctant to come out because of this sexual harassment. So a lot of folks have be sexully harassed for many years in the open and it seemed ok to do that back then. Is that sexual harassment or what. Today we are getting more educated and not so ignorant. It was way worse than red lip stick, high heals and big boobs comments.

Platinum Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Gineo View Post
    To be honest, I don't think justice is on the side of women. I had one situation. I met a girl on a Dating site. After a while, we slept together, but then nothing happened. Because of that, she threatened to accuse me of harassment. I found lawyers to consult, here's the data, can someone come in handy- https://mosheslaw.com/title-vii-sex-sexual-harassment/ . I was assured that if we had consensual sex and I didn't hit her or anything like that, she wouldn't be able to accuse me of anything.
    So it seems to me that the only time to worry is when you're really guilty.
    That's insane that this happened to you. I'd be scared crapless even if it was consensual. I do have to disagree that one should only worry when you're really guilty. A lot can go wrong and it's a he said she said scenario. Maybe your scenario wasn't severe because time had passed, but if it was fresh, they would have a sample of your DNA and things could get ugly. This then becomes a battle of the lawyers and who had the better lawyer.