Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sick eruption, head standing, pop eye, heavy breathing

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Sick eruption, head standing, pop eye, heavy breathing

Hi Brendan;
    I just saw your thread,eruptions are notorious for swim bladder problems ,i probably have lost 12 eruptions with this, in 2 of the cases i used minocycline on the advice of AL and it worked ,but swim bladder problem will take time in my case some time month or more . Minocycline is a close family of tetracycline ,my advice would be to do the full course of tetracycline and just clean water after that,you can reduce the height of the water in your hospital tank to reduce the pressure on the swim bladder . i am in Melbourne and i can help you with the medication if you ever need any .goodluck

iTrader
    Real Name
    Brian

He's been this way for awhile so it'll take some time to get better. The fact that he's come this far is proves he's a fighter. Tetracycline is I think a 4-6 day treatment depending on the brand and strength. I'm not sure about re-dosing but I'll look in to it

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Brendan

Thanks for the insight guys. Iím quietly confident but I figured it would take weeks possibly longer to get back to full health, if he does at all. Iíll keep this thread posted

iTrader
    Real Name
    Brian

I can't really see anything specifically about redosing, but I would wait at least 5-6 days if you do. Here's some general articles about tetracycline and other antibiotics you may find helpful.

http://shellfish.ifas.ufl.edu/wp-con...quaculture.pdf

https://www.thesprucepets.com/tetracycline-1379928

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Brendan

Thanks Brian, appreciated. I did come across the spruce pets article the other day. It has some surprisingly good content that seems accurate.

At the moment he is just in clean water, but has reverted back to head standing the majority of the time. I've dosed some Epsom salts this morning just in case there in a blockage somewhere. I'll do a WC in a few hours from now back to clean water and continue from there. I really don't know what else to do at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123