ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Frozen discus food using Ginger garlic paste but it comes with preservatives.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Default Frozen discus food using Ginger garlic paste but it comes with preservatives.

I am making my own frozen discus food. I want to add one tbs of ginger and garlic paste which also has sodium benzoate, Citric acid, potassium citrate. Antioxidants like Potassium metabisulphite and Calcium Disodium EDTA.

Please let me know if these are safe.
    I have seen some videos where people use such paste and I am pretty sure it will also have preservatives for shelf life.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Frozen discus food using Ginger garlic paste but it comes with preservatives.

Why are you adding this stuff?

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Default Re: Frozen discus food using Ginger garlic paste but it comes with preservatives.

Garlic is known to increase their appetite also helps with their immunity.

What does the ginger do? If all you want is the benefits of garlic why not smash and finely mince a clove or two and add it to your mix? My guess is that the stuff in the tube is safe, but why use that when you can use fresh?
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 09-26-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

May I know why you are adding all these stuff?