ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Best online plant vendor?

Registered Member

Default Best online plant vendor?

Where do you guys like to order your plants (thinking mainly Anubias) from? (I'm on the west coast of the US but I suppose it doesn't matter much) Thanks!
    Last edited by Oxboy; 10-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Default Re: Best online plant vendor?

Buceplant I have used them three times and everything has been just as ordered,also you can join a forum called tpt the Planted tank and get plants from forum members for a much lower price.good luck...

Real Name
    Steve

I've had good success with plants from The Wet Spot out of Portland, OR. They have a separate online facility. You can search their website, then give them a call. You might even mention you heard of them through SimplyDiscus. No discounts or anything, but I've done a fair amount of business with them and it's nice to just maintain the relationship.
    Steve

The best place I have gotten plants from was from 90125 at AquaBid.com my only complaint was that I ordered specific plants they had listed trying to fill the shipping box to offset the cost of shipping, and after my order was placed they said we don't have that plant and I said you had it listed and they said oh w hae're expecting an orde theyr so we duke it out and worked out shipping, but in the end they banned me, story of my life I guess, but they have a very good product

Jeanne

Registered Member

I've had good luck with Cory at Aquarium Co-Op.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturiosoma View Post
    The best place I have gotten plants from was from 90125 at AquaBid.com my only complaint was that I ordered specific plants they had listed trying to fill the shipping box to offset the cost of shipping, and after my order was placed they said we don't have that plant and I said you had it listed and they said oh w hae're expecting an orde theyr so we duke it out and worked out shipping, but in the end they banned me, story of my life I guess, but they have a very good product

Jeanne
    lol. Why am I not surprised? You can come across as a bit aggressive, you know.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 10-03-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: not stupid. just had to change a "." to a "?"
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    lol. Why am I not surprised? You can come across as a bit aggressive, you know.
    Uh oh

Jeanne

No worries,Jeanne. Just another of my little jokes.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    Where do you guys like to order your plants (thinking mainly Anubias) from? (I'm on the west coast of the US but I suppose it doesn't matter much) Thanks!
    I have a few planted tanks and always use Planted Aquarium Central. Nice plants. Healthy and nice size. Ships from Arizona but I always have mind in 2 days to Ohio. Never had a plant die from them.
    Bud

Gold Member
    Real Name
    James Walker

Green leaf aquarium is also good. They ship quickly, they are an independent vendor (they seem to make and sell their own TC plants) and are very helpful and knowledgeable. I recommend them!

Most reliable transition to your aquarium is buying from other hobbyists. I buy primarily from other members on The Planted Tank as well as at the monthly auctions at my local aquarium society meetings. There are, however, plants that are not readily available from other hobbyists. My go to's in this case are Liquid Creations and Buceplant.

I've checked out all the links and the only one that has boblitis. I'll be ordering some when I get to setting up my planted Discus tank.
    Mama Bear