AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Flood

Default Flood

I had the flood that I most dreaded yesterday. I had to run to the feed store for puppy food and when I got home I saw that there was water coming from under the living room sofa. It was too large a puddle to be puppy pee. I knew that water on the floor was not a good thing, but didn't realize where it could have come from until I walked into the office.

There was water all over the floor. The hose came out of my 50 gallon water storage container and 50 gallons of water leaked out by gravity. Thank God I decided to invest $35. in a wet/dry vac. I vacuumed up all the water but my wet/dry vac only holds 3 gallons. I didn't even get up 6 gallons of the 50 that spilled.

Most of my house is ceramic tile. But I stupidly decided to put Pergo in the office and bed room. I have fans running, but I can already see that the Pergo is curling up at the sides. The carpenter had me buy enough tile for the entire sq. footage of the house, so I have the tile. I could do the tear out in the bedroom. It would be a job, but I could do it. But the 125 in the office is well planted and has a whole bunch of Rainbow fish in it. That 125 had to come in through the window.

I have decided to hope for the best and just live with the consequences of not securing a hose. I hope the Pergo doesn't curl up and die to the point that it's an embarrassment. But it does, it does.

Sorry for the blather. I just had to get it out.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 10-04-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: made an oops
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Flood

Liz,
    I feel your pain. I had a water heater die last year, and it was a slow leak and wasn't caught for a couple weeks. I now have a small hump between the entryway and hallway where the underlayment got wet.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Oh man Liz, sorry to hear. I totally dread leaking water. Hope it does not get too bad.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Thanks Paul. Sorry about your hump.

I hope so too, Pat. I knew that it was dangerous for me to keep tanks in the office. I did it anyway.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Dang, sorry to hear Liz

I'm over it now, Dan. Writing it down helped. It will be what it will be. Throw rugs will help if it gets bad.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I wish you well discus sista!!

Real Name
    Bill G.

Liz,

Sorry abt your water issue. You might try looking into these.... Years ago I had an aquarium burst and know what a mess it is.

https://wirelesstag.net/

CDF88CB0-C5E1-4237-8AE9-A797627B0FDE.jpg

I have three of these.....fish room, insect room, and basement proper. Can be set to alarm you if moisture is present and is very phone compatible. Check the moisture levels at any time with AP on phone. Love mine.

I'm sure they work well, but I will buy another clamp for that hose. It's a way less expensive option for.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

That sucks Liz. Hope it's not as bad as mine. I actually fell through the floor and dislocated my shoulder