AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Order from SomethingsFishy

Real Name
    Ken

Default Order from SomethingsFishy

Has anybody ordered fish from SomethingsFishy.com? I haven't ordered from them and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with their livestock.
    Ken
    Sorry, I can’t brain today, I has the dumb.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Order from SomethingsFishy

Not a good idea!!! You get what you pay for and cheap prices can equal total frustration and disappointment...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...omethingsFishy

Real Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Not a good idea!!! You get what you pay for and cheap prices can equal total frustration and disappointment...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...omethingsFishy
    Thanks Jeep. I sent a reply once before to you in the newbie section - I see you have a boxer, at least it looks like an egg-head boxer pup. We're on our third boxer.
    Thanks again and much appreciate the reply.
    Ken

Real Name
    Brian

Unfortunately, he's no longer with me. He was a rescue from the tornado that destroyed Joplin Mo several years back and he lost his family. He was an awesome boy that loved cat's, little dogs and kids, hated squirrels, lol! The vet told me he was Boxer/Mastiff mix.

IMAG0061.jpg

Real Name
    Ken

Just read through (most of) the posts at the link you sent, Brian. OMG, so glad I didn't pull the trigger on my order. I am planning to go see Dennis Velkov end of next month. My tanks will be cycled and he's only about 2 hours away. Seems worth the drive.
    Now if I could find a good source for Angelfish...
    Thanks much, Ken
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken

He's every bit one handsome boxer - I see no traits of Mastiff. Our first boxer was a brindle.
    Looks like, if that's your car in the pic, we have another thing in common - we're both Vietnam vets.
    If so, Welcome Home and Thanks. If not send that message to the car owner.
    Ken

Real Name
    Brian

Thank Ken, but I missed Vietnam by about 10 years. That was my uncle's truck that my aunt gave to me after he passed away. He began his naval service in 1961 and served 4 tours in Nam. The truck isn't worth much, but out of respect for him I'm slowly restoring it the way he always wanted it. He was my hero!!

You have a good heart, Brian.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks Liz, but Jack worked his way in. I was a temp home and really didn't want him because I have cats. Once I saw how he loved the cats, he was going nowhere, lol... 110lb dog thought he was a chihuahua...

Real Name
    Ken

Hey Brian, I know what you mean. Between me and wife and our son and daughter we have 6 rescues. Funny you mentioned Chihuahua Liz, our Boxer Ellie's best friend is our rescue Chihuahua, Stella.
    Back to fish stuff...
    Before I order, here’s a question:
    Have you ever heard of customers that need fish shipped and can’t go yo a seller's location, being able to go with the person picking the fish via FaceTime or other video calling service? Then let’s say I wanted a Red Melon with a very white face I could actually pick out the fish with the picker as he/she goes. I'm thinkin' this is not far-fetched (keeping with dog theme) and would ease a lot of pain and dissatisfied customers for sellers.
    It may be a strange request, but I need about 10 fish for my new 100G and I want what I want.
    Please, your thoughts?
    Ken

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by kgoerg View Post
    Hey Brian, I know what you mean. Between me and wife and our son and daughter we have 6 rescues. Funny you mentioned Chihuahua Liz, our Boxer Ellie's best friend is our rescue Chihuahua, Stella.
    Back to fish stuff...
    Before I order, here’s a question:
    Have you ever heard of customers that need fish shipped and can’t go yo a seller's location, being able to go with the person picking the fish via FaceTime or other video calling service? Then let’s say I wanted a Red Melon with a very white face I could actually pick out the fish with the picker as he/she goes. I'm thinkin' this is not far-fetched (keeping with dog theme) and would ease a lot of pain and dissatisfied customers for sellers.
    It may be a strange request, but I need about 10 fish for my new 100G and I want what I want.
    Please, your thoughts?
    Hi Ken, it will depend on the vendor. I have done videos over FB messenger so that might be an option.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by kgoerg View Post
    Just read through (most of) the posts at the link you sent, Brian. OMG, so glad I didn't pull the trigger on my order. I am planning to go see Dennis Velkov end of next month. My tanks will be cycled and he's only about 2 hours away. Seems worth the drive.
    Now if I could find a good source for Angelfish...
    Thanks much, Ken
    What type of Angels are you looking for, Ken?
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ken

I'm looking for veil tails in blues - especially neons, clown and calico Pinoys, red/fire koi; blacks; white/platinum pearl scales.
    No blushing, clouded or browns
    Here's my 2 year old buddy Julius, he's a marble koi, but you can see all the blue hilites he has. Eats out o my hand. Angelfish - Julius (3s).jpg
    Ken

He's a very nice fish. I before I sold off my Angels I had lots of Platinum pearls but they were standard fin. I know a lot of angelfish people but none are breeding what you are looking for. Have you poked around Aquabid? There are a lot of serious hobbyist selling there. If you don't see what you want today you might tomorrow. Always read the feedback before you buy anything there.
    Mama Bear