ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flake Training - Discus Fish Won't Eat!

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Flake Training - Discus Fish Won't Eat!

I picked up a tip from another seasoned hobbyist, i.e. feed your fish with dry food in the morning when they're most hungry.

Now both discus and altum angels get TetraBits right after the morning water change. They eat eagerly right after their morning water change. The smaller fish will get TetraBits through the day via an automatic feeder. In the late afternoon/early evening, they'll still devour beefheart and frozen mysis.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Default Re: Flake Training - Discus Fish Won't Eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I picked up a tip from another seasoned hobbyist, i.e. feed your fish with dry food in the morning when they're most hungry.

Now both discus and altum angels get TetraBits right after the morning water change. They eat eagerly right after their morning water change. The smaller fish will get TetraBits through the day via an automatic feeder. In the late afternoon/early evening, they'll still devour beefheart and frozen mysis.

Willie

Thanks for the tip! I have actually found it another way around. My fish seem to be the hungriest in the evening instead of the morning. I turn on the light an hour before I feed them in the morning, but they all seem to be still sleeping when I feed them dry food an hour later. The only food that they will actively attack in the early morning is frozen bloodworms. However, I find them accepting dry food much better in the evening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12