ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Do you always pre-treat your plants before adding them to the aquarium?

Registered Member

Default Do you always pre-treat your plants before adding them to the aquarium?

Hello,

I planned since the beginning to have a Jungle Vallisnera wall in the background to create a more natural environment for my discus. Now i realize that i need a lot more to create that effect but there is a slight problem:

The jungle val. doesnt like the bleach dip and is sensitive to hydrogen peroxide How would you proceed in this situation? Do you know other methods to dip the Vals? I couldnt really find a specific answer on my own...

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Do you always pre-treat your plants before adding them to the aquarium?

I've heard people use PP for new plants.

Registered Member

Default Re: Do you always pre-treat your plants before adding them to the aquarium?

Thank you for the quick reply! I just came back from the pharmacy and they asked me which one i want, the 0.50g strenght or the 1.00g strenght. I took both.

Is it important which one i use or is it ok as long as the water turns dark purple? Thank you

Should I? Yes. Do I? No. How do you give them a quick rinse under room temperature tap water well I blast the water out of the faucet... but that's about it.
    -Elliot