AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Anyone who have yellow discus, what type of food do you guys feed to enhance color?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donny

Default Anyone who have yellow discus, what type of food do you guys feed to enhance color?

Anyone who kept yellow discus, what type of food do you guys feed to enhance the yellow color? Would appreciate the advice! Can't wait to get my little guys tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/EVimyR6EMps

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Anyone who have yellow discus, what type of food do you guys feed to enhance colo

I'm not aware of foods that enhance the yellow, but I definitely work to avoid adding foods with reds, which turn them orange. I use Al's FDBW and discus pellets.

Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone who have yellow discus, what type of food do you guys feed to enhance colo

I don't have any yellows Discus but I heard breeders feeding muscles.

Cliff

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Almost all commercial foods contain asaxanthin which will turn your yellows orange. I fed pure deer heart and Al's FDBW's with spinach and my yellow stayed yellow 20180930_073757.jpg
    20181015_203907.jpg

Real Name
    Bill G.

I feed my yellow tank fish Al’s FDBWs after they’ve been soaked in Carophyll yellow pigment. This is not done at feeding, but en mass and allowed to dry out. Unfortunately, most foods have coloration for the reds, so one has to make up special food to maintain and enhance the yellows.

2C173F34-73AA-40E6-8AAB-3EA1918469BF.jpg

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Did you get your little guys? That was a lovely bunch! How in the world do they keep those tanks so clean.

Real Name
    Willie

Good old beefheart has no pigments added!

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.