AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lighting suggestion for discus tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Default Re: Lighting suggestion for discus tank

I have two Fluval Plant 3.0s on my heavily planted 75g Discus tank. I love the programmability of the lights so that fish have periods when the light increases and decreases in the morning and evening. I found that one of them wasn't bright enough when some of the larger plants needed trimming or with floating plants.

Real Name
    Tom

Though this was new . I keep planted tanks. For finnex I use the planted + 24/7 at 48” and an HLC. The HLC is a newer finnex 24/7 and it’s works and grows plants great. Very happy with this combo. They are on my 125. On my 90 I have a vivagrow 24/7 (best bang for the buck!! $50 delivered) and a current USA satellite. The current isn’t 24/7 but programmable so it’s on a timer at full bright. 90 is not a discus tank.
    With discus and planted tanks the 24/7 setting is the way to go. Also buy small fish and grow them out with the light. Adult fish have never been in a brightly lit planted tank and it will be much harder for them. Grow them in it and that’s all they know. No skittish discus from lighting.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

I have Fluval's Plant 3.0s and I like the adjustability and I use the sunrise and sunset feature. I run two of the Fluvals on my 75g. For my Twinstar lights I saw on a YouTube video by an aquascaper a small LED controller that can be added to the power cord that lets you adjust the intensity of the light and it acts as a timer. It is pretty fiddley but it gives the lights adjustability. The Finnex lights look very nice.

Ooops, I see that this a duplicate post.
    Last edited by dornblaser; 07-03-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12