AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Garlic guard

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Default Garlic guard

Garlic guard

I made my own garlic guard by shredding some cloves and adding some tap water. Left it O/N in fridge.
    Next day morning I soaked my frozen food in it , the discus didn't like it. Took the food in and spitted it out.
    Would it make sense to buy seachem garlic guard? Did I do something wrong while DIY garlic guard.

I read that garlic helps in boosting immunity and also fights disease like ich. Shall I just add the DIY garlic guard directly into water. Will that help?

TIA,
    Saif

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Garlic guard

Are your fish refusing to eat? from my understanding, some people add garlic to spark an interest in the fish to start eating. But, I'm not sure I've seen anyone use garlic on every feed. It's hard for ick to develop in a warm tank that houses discus. Are you having issues with ick? I see garlic guard as just an added expense.

Real Name
    Jake

I've used garlic guard in the past when medicating food because I've found that medications cause the food to taste bad to the fish. Adding some garlic guard to the food made them gobble the food right up.

I would agree with Armando though - there is no need to feed it on every meal unless your fish are refusing to eat.

Registered Member

I used garlic when I was feeding live worms.
    Garlic was mixed into the beefheart mix.
    Instead of using droncit or metro for clearing intestinal parasites. Much cheaper but smelly.

Cliff

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Garlic was mixed into the beefheart mix.
    how much?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

I read a lot of positive things about seachem garlic guard and I know that people use garlic in their DIY food.

so before buying seachem garlic. I tried to see if it works with DIY garlic juice. Unfortunately it didnt. Thats why i asked.
    I have no problems with Ich. just that the reviews for seachem garlic guard stated it.