AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Albino Millennium GoldXBlue Scorpion

Registered Member

Default Albino Millennium GoldXBlue Scorpion

First spawn for a pair Albino Millennium Gold and a Blue Scorpion 17 month old that I bought from Kenney October before last. For the first 10 months the blue had partnered with a Stripe Alenquer but never spawned while in the meantime fought like two Betta fish with one another (the AMG and the BS) both often and always. For some reason that changed, the Stripe Alenquer was out and the AMG was in. I thought both were, and could still be, female. We all know it is hard to sex Discus. The ph is 7.6. I change water about 10% daily with tap water. After the water change and after adding Prime, Metro and a handful of salt, just for the heck of it, they spawned around 2 hours later.

I think I will separate these two into a 20 gallon tank. I think the pairing of the AMG and the Blue Scorpion could be an interesting mix but as I understand it the Albino is dominate? I expect the eggs will be gone shortly.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Albino Millennium GoldXBlue Scorpion

From what I have read here 1st generation would be intermediates, meaning they'd carry the albino gene, and breeding the young back to another albino would produce albino fry...I think...disclaimer, I am NO expert on discus genetics
    Oh and btw, a 29gal is really a better size minimally for a pair...

Registered Member

Default Re: Albino Millennium GoldXBlue Scorpion

Do you have any pictures of the pair and the
    egg, usually looking at the eggs can determine the color of the fry.

Cliff