AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus in Oklahoma?

Registered Member

Smile Discus in Oklahoma?

I’m trying to find some local discus breeders or groups around Oklahoma City but I don’t seem to have any luck:/ does anyone have some suggestions? Let me know your thoughts!

Default Re: Discus in Oklahoma?

What part of OK? I'm trying to remember which member it was but I think there was a guy in Kansas who had BEAUTIFUL brown-based reds he was breeding. I'll try to figure out who. Meanwhile, even a breeder 2-3 hour drive away would still cost on gas... therefore paying the price of shipping from one of the sponsors might cancel each out. The benefit of seeing them in person though his cool because you can also see someone's breeding setup and also pick the fish like. Sometimes hobbyist breeders have lower prices. Otherwise, I think a number of the sponsors on here have really good prices add several have totally taking pictures and even video of fish for me before sending them. I think you're good either way! Still, I can look up the guy in Kansas if that's not too far from you. I know I would also need to know where in Kansas they are otherwise it may not be worthwhile.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: Discus in Oklahoma?

Hi and welcome to SD! I'm "next door" over in Arkansas and I admit, I haven't tried to connect to much with other Discus fans out there, though I'm sure there are some around. Is there a hobbyist-type LFS you ever visit, as opposed to the big box pet stores that carry fish? There is one not that far from me in Little Rock and I don't get there much but when I did it was obvious that the people who run the place have a pretty good idea of who among their customers is into what aspect of the hobby; they told me about a local guy who was breeding some discus, though I haven't actually connected with him. If there is a freshwater or a cichlid group active in the area they would probably know, and you might find kindred spirits that way.

Otherwise, you'll have to settle for some "virtual community" on here!

P.S. There are also people in the Dallas area if you are mostly thinking about driving for fish.