AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ABN's A new direction for me...

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: ABN's A new direction for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturiosoma View Post
    I fully understand Mom as she discovered a Tupper ware container of blackworms in the fridge thinking we had leftovers thank goodness she didn't use them in a recipe, they have since been labeled

Jeanne
    That's funny stuff right there

Real Name
    Brian

So I have a 29g I'm not using at the moment so I'm thinking about turning it into a planted pleco/ram/shrimp tank. Some people here have been posting their shrimp and have me intrigued so I guess I better start studying up on shrimp

The rams will scarf your shrimp. Plecos do well with shrimp. I'm raising shrimp, plecos, and purple striped Mystery snails in one of my shrimp tanks. Just plecos and snots in 2 others.

Pat's Black Ram tank has me thinking about giving my Dutch rams another go at it. This time I'll load them with BBS. God knows I have to keep myself amused some how until my Discus decide to get down and dirty.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

That's good to know. I've never kept Rams either. Sorry, but what's a snot? lol...

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Baby BN lol.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    So I have a 29g I'm not using at the moment so I'm thinking about turning it into a planted pleco/ram/shrimp tank. Some people here have been posting their shrimp and have me intrigued so I guess I better start studying up on shrimp
    Brian if you're as anal ,or diseases as I've been called I would save the depth of the 29 for your discus and go with a shallower tank for what your looking to do ,I'm sure you have a tank laying around, maybe a 20 long

Jeanne

Jeanne's right, but I use 29's because I bought the tanks in the fish room with Discus in mind. Never thought I'd get into other fish.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

I don't know what happened to the first batch of eggs but the male and female have been spending some time together in the cave. He kicked her out again. Now he'splaying pee-a-boo, lol... cave 3.jpg

What an exciting time for you! It's a beautiful pic of a very handsome fish. My fingers are crossed for you.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    What an exciting time for you! It's a beautiful pic of a very handsome fish. My fingers are crossed for you.
    What's really cool is that I saw the male and female both in the cave at the same time and then saw another male and female under the driftwood. I think there may be another one in there as well. Unfortunately, even though this tank is in my living room it has been severely neglected. There's only catfish in there and I've been spending my time on remodeling the discus fish room. The bristle noses have been 99% hidden under the driftwood and I didn't even know how many I had. Simply dropping a cave in there has changed the way I view this tank and I hope to treat them better from now on...

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Shame on you Brian

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Sturiosoma View Post
    I fully understand Mom as she discovered a Tupper ware container of blackworms in the fridge thinking we had leftovers thank goodness she didn't use them in a recipe, they have since been labeled

Jeanne
    LOL, mine was discovered in a similar fashion, and when I got home, I had a mini fridge in my room! lol

Green beens seems like a simple meal! Good luck, Brian! Steve, that's one hell of a colony. Can't wait for mine to get like that.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    That's how it started for me. Now Pat has me about to go the Ram route with her beautiful tank, Liz already got me in a shrimp tank, and I'm leaning towards a dutch style planted tank, strictly plants.

I'm also interested in a cube tank with a nice center piece such as Pantherlax's (Pat) tank. I guess both Pat's have a nice square tank with center pieces.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Oh man Armando, we are twisting you all sorts of ways lol.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Brian

Yeah, I think I'm going the ram route only. Shrimp are out

I tried the beans... they drug them to the back of the tank and left them there. They are fools for zucchini

Don't worry Danny, when I said neglected, I mean I haven't done anything with the tank to promote it. The fish all receive good care

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast