ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dark Rams

Registered Member

Default Re: Dark Rams

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I've sent blue shrimp out a couple of times. Once to a friend for free and once for money. They arrived in perfect condition, but fish like Discus and Rams, even BN scare me. The Discus and Rams are too valuable to loose if I do a bad job bagging and packing and I'm afraid that the BN will puncture the bag. It's a great relief to have the LFS that buys my fish. They give me 50% of what they sell them for and that's good enough for me. I have a spawn of Bosemani Rainbows that I can't wait to get large enough to take them. They'll be delighted. They know how much safer it is to buy from a local breeder than to have to depend on Asian imports through a wholesaler.
    You are fortunate to have an excellent set up that need not change. When Kenny was a small boy just getting started in the Discus selling business he had those same fears as you but thankfully he over came those fears and went on to become one of the greatest sellers of Discus known to man, and woman, kind. Honestly, your method of selling or giving to the LFS inspired me to approach a LFS near me. I asked them if they would be interested in taking my spare Discus. They were delighted. Now I only need to get a handful of those spare Discus.

I sell mine my lesser quality Discus and ones that are very good but won't work in my breeding program, but they only want them when they are medium (3"). Nobody buys them when they're small and they are too hard to keep unlil they get a little size on them.

Discusluv, please forgive me for taking your thread and turning it into stuff about me. I didn't do it on purpose.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    It is all about the anal fins Amy .
    The males will have longer anal fins that reach into their tail while the females will end at the beginning of the tail .
    Glad to see you did good raising fry .
    The last video is the Pitch Black pair again [ same as second video ] .
    The tail fins- okay, thanks.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Discluv View Post
    The tail fins- okay, thanks.
    No not tail fin the anal fin [under fish before tail ] is the best way to judge these fish IMO ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    No not tail fin the anal fin [under fish before tail ] is the best way to judge these fish IMO ..
    I typed tail but meant anal fin. Sometimes words dont cooperate with the brain.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567