ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Wild Discus

Registered Member

Default Wild Discus

I am looking for some wild discus. Is John (Snookin21) still around? If not, any good recommendations for wild discus? Also looking for some altums preferably captive on those.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Wild Discus

Quote Originally Posted by Jobu28 View Post
    I am looking for some wild discus. Is John (Snookin21) still around? If not, any good recommendations for wild discus? Also looking for some altums preferably captive on those.
    Jack Wattley has a very good collection of wild discus and altums. check him out.

Registered Member

I have had concerns about wild Discus. They are their age and health. If the wild is small it could be young or it could be a runt. If the fish is large it could be very old and may not live much longer. Health would be a concern as well. Have you considered the wild crosses? Many appear as wild. Kenny's listings often have wild crosses. I have purchased recently a Red Heckel and several Alenquer variations from Kenny. To me they appear as wild as any wild that I have seen over the years. I know the fish's approximate age and they are by in large very healthy fish as well.

You can get wild juvenile discus from AquaImports.
    I have a small group that are extremely healthy and not stunted. He is a very reputable dealer.

Its amazing how our experiences can differ. I, myself, do not like the Alenquer cross that I purchased from Kenny- at all. A $250.00 fish that looks no where near as beautiful as my F1 Alenquers. (shrug) To each his/her own.

Real Name
    Frank

I think Wattley is running a 20% sale on their wilds.

Real Name
    Aaron

John hasn't been around for a while. You've gotten some good suggestions for discus. For captive altums, take a look at https://tristanstropicalfish.com/ He breeds them.

Registered Member

Thanks guys. I'll check them all out