ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: I hatch rams ...

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: I hatch rams ...

Well my patience is always being tested by fish !
    I am waiting for the discus to turn on again .
    While waiting and watching my silver and albino dantum angels I spotted a pair laying eggs and watched the others eating them just as quick !
    This was about two weeks ago and due to the pair having their breeding gear exposed I was able to catch them and give them their own tank[60g].
    Finally after a year of grow out I have separated one pair ! On Thursday I found a pretty large spawn on a pot in the pairs tank and being the bandit had no hesitation..
    I took the eggs and they look to be a good spawn, they are turning to wigglers as I type ! My buddy in Hawaii has been having great luck with the pearlscale albinos I sent him and is on 5 batches now so I am hoping to be able to catch up with him soon !
    We will have to see though as my luck with these angels is less then stellar ..Fingers crossed ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

You have successfully overcome through your patience in the past Tom, you shall prevail and overcome here as well. I have never been much of a fan for angel's, but your albino dantums are really beautiful! Get em Bandit!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

I just received 6 of Tom's rams and they are the nicest rams I have ever owned. The Gold ones are at a whole new level. 2 of the GBRs are about to breed! Thanks Tom.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    You have successfully overcome through your patience in the past Tom, you shall prevail and overcome here as well. I have never been much of a fan for angel's, but your albino dantums are really beautiful! Get em Bandit!!
    I too am no fan of angels ! Something about the wild in these dantums make them desirable to me ? I do also have Altums and Leopoldi which are cool ,the Altums being cooler but the dantums are very unique and in my experience get huge like Altums should .
    Quote Originally Posted by dornblaser View Post
    I just received 6 of Tom's rams and they are the nicest rams I have ever owned. The Gold ones are at a whole new level. 2 of the GBRs are about to breed! Thanks Tom.
    Thanks David ! I hope you get to enjoy the rams for a long time .They should breed like crazy ..Now raising ram fry is another chapter in the ram ownership book ..
    Got rams ?

Hello,

I also got some Rams from Tom a couple weeks ago. Purchased a pair of Blue Rams, Longfin Gold, and also a pair of Pitch Black Rams. They are all high quality and I'm very happy with them. The Longfin Golds are very cool, the Blue's are currently laying eggs, and the Pitch Black are unique and you really have to see them in person to appreciate how distinctive they look.

Thanks!

Mark

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by above design View Post
    Hello,

I also got some Rams from Tom a couple weeks ago. Purchased a pair of Blue Rams, Longfin Gold, and also a pair of Pitch Black Rams. They are all high quality and I'm very happy with them. The Longfin Golds are very cool, the Blue's are currently laying eggs, and the Pitch Black are unique and you really have to see them in person to appreciate how distinctive they look.

Thanks!

Mark
    Can rams and discus live in the same tank?

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Can rams and discus live in the same tank?
    Yes, as long as there are no more than 4 snakeheads present in a 10 gallon upright cylindrical tank ��

Real Name
    Tom

^^^^lol lol yes that’s the next project! Rams Discus and snakeheads. Hey I saw on u tube it’s got to be true . Peewee I have 6 of Toms Rams with my discus. Only problem with all there egg laying the discus still have no clue

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    ^^^^lol lol yes that’s the next project! Rams Discus and snakeheads. Hey I saw on u tube it’s got to be true . Peewee I have 6 of Toms Rams with my discus. Only problem with all there egg laying the discus still have no clue
    Are the ram fry a food source for the discus?
    Last edited by peewee1; 08-15-2020 at 01:27 AM.

Real Name
    Larry

Last week I got some rams from Tom, a pair of GBR's and a pair of PBR's and 12 juvies for various other tanks.
    They are beautiful and stunning, went down to feed them and found that the pair of GBR's had free swimming fry in the tank.
    Tom thank you again for some stunning beauties.
    Larry

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Larry208 View Post
    Last week I got some rams from Tom, a pair of GBR's and a pair of PBR's and 12 juvies for various other tanks.
    They are beautiful and stunning, went down to feed them and found that the pair of GBR's had free swimming fry in the tank.
    Tom thank you again for some stunning beauties.
    Larry
    That's great Larry !
    I got my fingers crossed for the free swimmers .
    If the parents are good you should have lots of fun !
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Tom

Well the Dantum angels are hard timing me still but I have raised a few to good size .
    I must face facts I am not really an angel guy ?? They don't thrill me .

But after 8 months finally I have seen my first pairing/spawning activity in the 65g with my 'newer' discus ..

Funny that my previous discus experience my color variants matched up ,but this time I think I have a cross.
    At least with the initial pairing .
    The largest of all fish now is the German Wonder .A spectacular Male close to if not 6 inches .
    His chosen mate [ female ] is a Brilliant Turq .
    They laid eggs on a large wood branch and have defended the spot for 2 days now , but only infertile eggs remain ..
    I have seen this before and having eggs last long enough to be noticed in this crowded tank is pretty good IMO.
    Hopefully I will be able to pull these two to a tank of their own and move forward from there this weekend ..

^^The Pair ^^

^^The female guarding ^^
    I took those pics yesterday . Today only white eggs remain but both are still guarding so I am excited !
    Got rams ?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Good looking pair Tom. Hopefully the next spawn or so will be way better
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Larry

Looking good Tom, they are a nice fish.

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks Pat and Larry .
    I separated the pair today .It would have been near impossible if I didn't post the picture of the female clearly showing her pattern !
    Both of the Brilliant turqs really look very close .
    The male was easy as he is largest of all .

The tank they were in and the tank they went to got large water changes yesterday .I believe I saw the females tube starting to show again so I hope they are happy in their new home ..
    I am sure this will change the 65g dynamics also so I will be watching closely for another pair ..
    Got rams ?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast