AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hoorty and the blow fish

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Default Hoorty and the blow fish

Hi guys,my gang of 8 is doing great after last years bacterial infection took three of them.
    These guys eat like their always starving. I had the thrill of my life when my great granddaughter came over
    and wanted to feed them so her dad held her and I gave her a cube of fdbw and she held it for them until they ate the
    whole thing giggling the whole time.She also felt that they should be named so she named the three biggest ones after her favorite
    frozen characters and the rest after her moms favoritegroup Hooty and the blowfish and when a cute 6 yr. old says that is the way it shoud be as you know that is it...
    i also added a new light that brightens things up without being too bright.
    than removed the small canister filter and added an ac110 which is a beast
    of a hob filter to go with my cascade 1500 so have twice the recommended filtering.
    Doing daily water changes about 25 gallons in a 90 gal. tank and feeding 4 times a day
    and they don't leave anything,thanks for reading...

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 12-13-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Embedded vid.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Hoorty and the blow fish

wow some fat guys and gals! Well, you just made that little girls day, and that's how we introduce future prospects into the hobby!

Do you feed just FDBW? did you grow these out from juvenile? Is it a high tech tank (co2 tank)?

Love the alanquers.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

I feed omega one flakes with sprulina added,frozen beef heart and occasional frozen blood worms with morning and evening fdbw. No co2 just a few plants along back wall to help hide equipment.These were all purchased from Chicago discus at about 4-4 1/2 inches. and yes the alanquers are quickly becoming my favs...
    Last edited by Doogy262; 12-13-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
    I feed omega one flakes with sprulina added,frozen beef heart and occasional frozen blood worms with morning and evening fdbw. No co2 just a few plants along back wall to help hide equipment.These were all purchased from Chicago discus at about 4-4 1/2 inches. and yes the alanquers are quickly becoming my favs...
    I've heard so many great things from Chicago discus! I'm glad we are surrounded with the best of the industry. Great job on your tank! Our success is nothing without our amazing suppliers.