ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Bought some Discus at Dennis Discus Fish and here is my review!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donny

Default Bought some Discus at Dennis Discus Fish and here is my review!

Need help deciding where to get your discus? I recommend you looking at Dennis Discus Fish(dennisdiscusfish.com). This is my first time buying it from him and he provided excellent service. I recently purchased 4 beautiful discus from Dennis and they were perfectly packed in a secure box as well as healthy when putting them in my tank. Dennis provided multiple pictures and videos for me to see and I chose on my own decisions which one I wanted before he ships. Then he puts them in their own quarantine tank and show me updates daily feeding videos to provide me security that the discus are ready to be ship and show no sign of sickness. He also has the best discus's pricing as well as free next day shipping over $399! Are you curious on how he ships his discus and what they look like when they arrive home? I recorded this video and this will help you see how his shipments are done and what it looks like when arrive home. https://youtu.be/rk_7C7O3fmU

I will say this, I usually am pretty anxious when I get my discus. What if they don't look right? What if they are bad quality? Isn't it better to get it in person? More concerning thoughts surrounds my head and make my decisions much harder like if I should purchase from him. After talking to him for a month before I got my discus, I gave him my trust because he provided me multiple videos of his stock, provided knowledge on what to do, and is always answering my questions, which makes him a really good Discus seller from my point of view. You will not be disappointed of talking to him as well as getting your discus from him!

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Bought some Discus at Dennis Discus Fish and here is my review!

Great video mate, beautiful fish, Dennis is awesome!!

Real Name
    Willie

Great to hear about your experience. Those discus look very nice. I expect they'll look even nicer in two weeks when they're fully settled in.

Starting off with healthy, quality stock is a critical success factor. I can't emphasize enough the importance of getting your discus from SD sponsors, particularly if you're just getting started in the hobby. We've already seen two reports of disasters in the New Year when people buy from off brand importers. After three decades in the hobby, I know a number of sponsors and regard them as friends. However, there are also some practical reasons why they are also your best options.

1. Simply buyers run the gamut from beginners to advanced hobbyists, including those who are very picky on quality. Unlike some importers on the Internet, SD sponsors must compete on quality. They have to post pictures/videos of their fish repeatedly and every fish they post is judged for color, size, shape, deportment, etc. by very experienced hobbyists. If they steal pictures from other importers, someone here usually calls it out.

2. SD sponsors have to be very careful about shipping the absolute healthiest fish. If anything goes wrong, the entire forum will know. Our sponsors rely on their reputation for repeat business. Over time, a bad shipment will slip through. In my experience though, the sponsor always goes overboard to satisfy the hobbyist to protect his/her reputation.

3. Simply buyers are not local, so SD sponsors are experienced in packing and shipping - especially in cold weather conditions. I've had discus delivered to my fishroom when the temperature dips below zero outside and the water is warm to the touch. I also provide feedback to the sellers on how their packaging fared under these conditions.

When new hobbyists ask about discus suppliers, they always get referred to our sponsors. I think they believe we do this for financial reasons. Actually, we do this for discus reasons.

Enjoy your fish and don't forget about the water changes!

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Well said Willie, and SO true!

Real Name
    Brian

Dennis is certainly backing up his introduction and making a name for himself!! Very nice discus!