AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: recent somethingsphishy.com experience.

Registered Member

Angry recent somethingsphishy.com experience.

I wanted to share my experience because these guys seem like, they feel no responsibility about what they are doing.

I hope, I'm not breaking any rule of this forum.

So here is my experience:

I ordered 10 random fish deal from them and all 10 fish I received were dead, UPS delivered them one day late and it was cold so obviously they were dead, water in every bag was frigid cold, I sent pictures with toothpick going though each of them as they ask in their return policy and I was 100% sure they would refund but instead he said that "no refund because you send me individual pictures, not one picture with all of them in it" and he called me liar, he said exactly this "Stating that you did not read that part of the guarantee, when you have checked a box stating you did read it, does not change anything and means that you either were not truthful when you checked it or you are not being truthful now. ", I should have check reviews before but anything from them, by the way, there is no single bad review in their web site.

I'm not saying, I'm right or wrong but the way handle the situation was very wrong besides why would I lie? I'm first time buyer and they KNEW that sending small discus in cold weather and one day late delivery would kill them for sure. But they choose to play with words, instead of seeking the truth.

I dont really care about 80$ that they didn't want to refund, 80$ would not make me rich or would make them bankrupt but I think, this review and other reviews, I will do in the future damage them more than 80$.

And AGAIN, I'm not saying, I'm right, I'm just sharing my experience.

Registered Member

Default Re: recent somethingsphishy.com experience.

Someone didn't due their 'due diligance.' They get horrible reviews on every website...except their own, curious to say the least.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by hikmettenis View Post
    I wanted to share my experience because these guys seem like, they feel no responsibility about what they are doing.

I ordered 10 random fish deal from them and all 10 fish I received were dead, UPS delivered them one day late and it was cold so obviously they were dead, water in every bag was frigid cold, I sent pictures with toothpick going though each of them as they ask in their return policy and I was 100% sure they would refund but instead he said that "no refund because you send me individual pictures, not one picture with all of them in it" and he called me liar, he said exactly this "Stating that you did not read that part of the guarantee, when you have checked a box stating you did read it, does not change anything and means that you either were not truthful when you checked it or you are not being truthful now. ", I should have check reviews before but anything from them, by the way, there is no single bad review in their web site.

I'm not saying, I'm right or wrong but the way handle the situation was very wrong besides why would I lie? I'm first time buyer and they KNEW that sending small discus in cold weather and one day late delivery would kill them for sure. But they choose to play with words, instead of seeking the truth.

I dont really care about 80$ that they didn't want to refund, 80$ would not make me rich or would make them bankrupt but I think, this review and other reviews, I will do in the future damage them more than 80$.

The reviews were "cherry picked" would you think? https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/somethingsphishy.com Pay the extra, Dennis, Kenny, Golden State, Chicago...and several more all listed on this forum.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Do a google review. I guarantee you that they would be calling you back to make things right, however, I would not edit the review because they blew that opportunity already.

Call you CC company and open a claim with them. You'll get your money back.

Real Name
    Steve

Hi hikmettenis and welcome to Simply Discus,
    I'm sorry your first post is about your bad experience with that seller. Our forum reviews section has a thread dedicated to this seller. I would say your experience is not that unusual. Hopefully you can recover from it and have a better experience next time.
    The forum has a Sponsor section where sellers who have been vetted and approved as sponsors are listed. We're not pushing anyone in particular, since they've all been checked out as reputable, but we encourage members to choose one of them!
    If you haven't already, I encourage you to look at the "sticky" threads in the beginner section, in particular, the video by Al, the forum owner is very informative.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!

This is the place to come and learn and ask questions.
    Hopefully you'll have better luck next time.
    Steve

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Do a google review. I guarantee you that they would be calling you back to make things right, however, I would not edit the review because they blew that opportunity already.

Call you CC company and open a claim with them. You'll get your money back.
    Most CC companies will take a claim and then validate it.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    Hi hikmettenis and welcome to Simply Discus,
    I'm sorry your first post is about your bad experience with that seller. Our forum reviews section has a thread dedicated to this seller. I would say your experience is not that unusual. Hopefully you can recover from it and have a better experience next time.
    The forum has a Sponsor section where sellers who have been vetted and approved as sponsors are listed. We're not pushing anyone in particular, since they've all been checked out as reputable, but we encourage members to choose one of them!
    If you haven't already, I encourage you to look at the "sticky" threads in the beginner section, in particular, the video by Al, the forum owner is very informative.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!

This is the place to come and learn and ask questions.
    Hopefully you'll have better luck next time.
    Steve
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ethings+phishy

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by hikmettenis View Post

After about 10 years of doing business with them he requested that I write a review. So I gave a good review since I had always received good service on over 8 orders. Afterwards he sent me an email saying to remind him when I make my next order and he said:

"Thank you so much for your kind words. We have posted the review. You can view it at this link:

https://www.somethingsphishy.com/red...eviews_id=2442

At your next order please put a reminder in for me about this review and I will personally take my time and pick you out the best fish available of every strain you order."
    On my next order I received 1 fish dead on arrival and the of the 8 Discus ordered 3 died 2 are thin and weak and 3 appear healthy. I sent an email nicely requesting and adjustment on my next order and ordered more fish to show good faith and let him decide if he wanted to make any adjustment on that new order.
    So he shut down my account & shut me out of his website.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Ironically fitting name

Real Name
    Willie

Not to harangue anyone, but I urge everyone to purchase their discus from SimplyDiscus sponsors. There are really practical reasons to do so.

1. Sponsors know that are selling to people who take time to read about discus. Buyers see pictures of nice fish posted here and will easily recognize bad quality ones. (This is also a reason not to buy fish from local fish stores. They pay wholesale prices, you pay retail prices. If I were a discus importer, who gets my better fish?)
    2. Sponsors are selling to individuals who learn how to optimize growth conditions for their fish. If it doesn't grow, it's hard to blame it on the fish keeper.
    3. If they get slammed, there are 70,000+ discus keepers that will read about them.

I buy mostly from Simply sponsors. The other ones, who are not sponsors, are people I have know for 20+ years. It's that old adage, "Caveat Emptor" - Buyer Beware. If you don't know them, don't buy fish from them.
    At my age, everything is irritating.