AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My first batch of wrigglers are all gone from Royal Red discus pair.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donny

Default My first batch of wrigglers are all gone from Royal Red discus pair.

So my first batch of wrigglers are all gone because the pairs kept trying to fight all the other discus and then they kept slapping their babies with their fins out of the driftwood. Then they are trying to fight everyone in the tank so I had to get a new tank and now they have their own tank so no more fighting. Hopefully, second batch will come soon. When will they lay their 2nd batch of eggs? I am actually sad the first batch was gone and I was so excited having wrigglers for the first time.

Default Re: My first batch of wrigglers are all gone from Royal Red discus pair.

You did the right thing buying a new tank for the pair. The breeding interval varies from 6 days to almost 2 weeks, at least IME. Best of luck with them.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donny

Default Re: My first batch of wrigglers are all gone from Royal Red discus pair.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    You did the right thing buying a new tank for the pair. The breeding interval varies from 6 days to almost 2 weeks, at least IME. Best of luck with them.
    I was really excited for my 50 wrigglers and now they are all gone. Why can't they all be civilized fish.

Sometimes all that's needed is time and patience.
    Mama Bear