Cafepress Store     AquaticSuppliers.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chickens, chickens, chickens

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Re: Chickens, chickens, chickens

Liz
    I checked out Myers and they seem like an ok business. Going to call them tomorrow and see is
    they have eggs around the middle of april. Reason being that here, Northern Ct. I can't brood
    day olds in a kitty pool in the garage until around the beginning of May.
    Found out how to make diy incubator so will make it this week and give it a good test for temp and humidity.
    Also, found some really inexpensive ones on different sites.
    Anyway, when are you getting yours and keep me posted on your success.
    Jay

iTrader
    12 (100%)

I'll be ordering mine on the 15th. I am very lucky I have a huge container that I used to use for growing out fish out of doors during the summer months. I can haul it into the fishroom out back into the fish room where it's always warm all the time. I can raise them these until they are ready to go in where I raise babies. It has it's own little run attached. It's in no way fancy but I can take pics if you like. I've never hatched my own eggs before but I've read how. I have raised day old's to layers many times.
    Mama Bear

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mark

Due to winged predators here they will be in a enclosed pen unless we are outside. Our neighbor lost a cat to a Bald Eagle and we have a good group of Red tail hawks also. The up side is the Dane is blind but our puppy will be a different story like you said. I have a few other things going so we will see. But for now I will enjoy your thread!

iTrader
    12 (100%)

We have hawks but nobody has spotted a bald eagle around here yet. I have foxes to deal with. And possums if I forget to close the door to the chicken house at night. Last year I had an attack by what must have been coyotes. I never heard a sound but I woke up the next morning to a lot of carnage. I expect to have to repopulate every year. That's why I don't make pets out of my laying hens.

I finally got the money together to order my eggs. I checked my neighbor's incubator to make sure everything worked right. The eggs of the breed I want won't be available until April 4th. Nothing I can do but wait. I really really want this breed.
    Mama Bear

iTrader
    12 (100%)

Meyer's are not available until April 4th, but I found these on E bay. Their Lavenders are much better quality than the pics of Meyer's chickens. Look at the feathering and just see how much smoother they sit. Please look at all the pics not just the one.

I've got a bid in but have been outbid. I'm going to wait until the last minute to put my final bid in, but with $16. shipping, I can't let myself bid higher than $60. for the 20 eggs. Considering the quality of the breeding stock they're worth that much. https://www.ebay.com/itm/33348239602...p2471758.m4704
    Mama Bear

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mark

It says sold, did you win the auction?

iTrader
    12 (100%)

No. I checked her past auctions and LO eggs never went for close to that high. She has another auction posted. I made a low bid early, but I'm going to bide my time and wait until the auction is close to being sold before I make my final bid.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12