ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm excited!

Default I'm excited!

I donated my grooming services to the shelter a week ago. I got a thank you and they told me that they would contact me when they needed me. I told them about my back and what it would not allow me to do. I was afraid that I might be too old and broken for them to think I'd be any good to them. But just this morning they emailed to asking if I could groom a little Yorkie and what day would be good for me. They sent pics of the little dog whose's front legs were matted into casts. I can't wait. I've been itchin' do do a good deed by doing what I'm good at. I love dogs.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: I'm excited!

Cool!! Make him pretty!!

With those matted legs I won't be able to make him pretty, but I'll be as pretty as possible. Poor little dog. When people brush a dog why don't they understand that a dog has legs? They brush to back and sides and call it done.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Good for you Liz, a kind gesture for sure!! I brush my puppies legs
    IMG_20191229_170317.jpg

That's an excellent grooming job, Danny.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Thanks Liz!
    It took a few days for her shorter cut to grow on me, her long puppy hair was so cute, but this is much easier to manage for sure!!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I donated my grooming services to the shelter a week ago. I got a thank you and they told me that they would contact me when they needed me. I told them about my back and what it would not allow me to do. I was afraid that I might be too old and broken for them to think I'd be any good to them. But just this morning they emailed to asking if I could groom a little Yorkie and what day would be good for me. They sent pics of the little dog whose's front legs were matted into casts. I can't wait. I've been itchin' do do a good deed by doing what I'm good at. I love dogs.
    I am sure that little Yorkie will be one happy little camper after you are done Liz. Very nice gesture on your part. You go girl!!
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Good for you Liz, a kind gesture for sure!! I brush my puppies legs
    IMG_20191229_170317.jpg
    What a beautiful pup. What is she Danny?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Daniel

Thx Pat! Mom is a golden retriever x Bernese mtn dog, dad is a standard poodle. She is called a golden mountain doodle. She has the tricolor facial marking from Bernese. She's high energy, super friendly and almost cat like cuddly, lol. My boys named her Hope

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

That is a lucky little dog to have you doing his grooming! Want to come here to do our long haired cat Sadie who hisses at the sight of a brush? Our other 3 love to be brushed, the more the better. Have fun!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Daniel

Sorry to hijack your thread Liz...well Hope did it really, lol.
    Barb we get her cut locally, I just brush her every couple of days to keep her hair from matting. She loves all of it bar the legs, so I have to be gentle with the metal comb on her shins and feet

Real Name
    Steve

If you're ever in Oregon, you could do my son's Samoyed! They do take care of him.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Thx Pat! Mom is a golden retriever x Bernese mtn dog, dad is a standard poodle. She is called a golden mountain doodle. She has the tricolor facial marking from Bernese. She's high energy, super friendly and almost cat like cuddly, lol. My boys named her Hope
    Is it a large dog? Does she have hair or fur?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Dogs are a good medicine for that which is both old and broken. Have you seen the recent ad on the TV? Little sad girl in hospital bed, nurse says they are going to try something different. Little girls light up when in to her room comes a Saint Bernard who proceed to place his head on her bed. Dogs have that magic for both the young and old, healthy and ill.

Real Name
    Daniel

Hey peewee, by Google's definition she has fur, but I reckon her puppy coat was hair by that same definition. The poodle in her makes her a non (reduced) shedding breed that is allergy friendly. Atm she's 45#'s at 8 mths of age.
    Here she is after her first professional grooming when she only go a facial trim and clean up cut around her privates...
    Resized952019101595204316~2.jpg
    Last edited by danotaylor; 01-11-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast