AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 discus hiding together

Default Re: 2 discus hiding together

Here's my thoughts, in my big tank I have discus and angels my angels are platinum and koi now even though they're all angels they do not associate with each other and now my discus are mainly all turqs except for a lone cobalt blue who is usually off by itself, so what I'm thinking is that your albino feels like a outcast and since their schoolers you may have to get a couple more albinos and let them form their own group

Jeanne

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Slythy if your pH swing was 0.2 I would say don't worry about aging your water,
    Please excuse me for interrupting this thread, I have a question...if not aging the water then how do one go about heating/matching the temp? I am avoiding the usage of hot tap water.

Thanks,

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4eye gold fish View Post
    Please excuse me for interrupting this thread, I have a question...if not aging the water then how do one go about heating/matching the temp? I am avoiding the usage of hot tap water.

Thanks,
    I use a python to pull and fill the water. I just use my heater water. I normally land within 1-2*f just by feel.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by slythy View Post
    I use a python to pull and fill the water. I just use my heater water. I normally land within 1-2*f just by feel.
    I am avoiding the heater water. I too use the python.
    I ran into issues when using the water from my water heater, I had the whirling/darting disease when I used hot tap water. So I am guessing there is no easy way to preheat the water if not using the hot tap or an aging barrel.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by 4eye gold fish View Post

Thanks,
    Not sure mate, i use water from my home hot water system, fill my aging barrel with water at 88-90 degrees, aerate vigorously when filling and use large air stone on a powerful air pump for 3-4 hours to pH match, then when I fill the temp diff is only +/-1-2F from the tank temp.

Registered Member

Turns out its only the fire leopard albino thats really hiding. Hans said it looked healthy and not super stressed but it is hiding. So maybe its just found a safe space? But hes not really eating from what i can see

Real Name
    Mervin

I don't or can't see where color would make a difference with hierachy. I had a female albino that was higher in the hierachy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12