AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help Unsure if it is Ich or something else!

Registered Member

Default Re: Please Help Unsure if it is Ich or something else!

Could you resend the three pictures showing the symptoms?

Screenshot from 2020-01-16 21-38-05.jpg

These are gas bubbles, are you aging your water? Here's a thread that might be useful: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ing-slime-coat

Registered Member

Default Re: Please Help Unsure if it is Ich or something else!

Hi Sergey,
    Thank you for the link to that thread! It had a lot of great information and I will definitely start aging my water. I use a rubbermaid that can hold about the same volume of water to match my tank's capacity and fill it with water from the tap. Then I treat it with Prime making sure it's well incorporated before pumping it into the tank. I never had this issue before with the water changes which is why I didnt think that could be the case, but it also may not be helping either. I removed all the gravel, increased the heat in the tank, and I am adding salt to the water changes. It seems to be helping. The slime coat doesn't look like it's peeling anymore and the one melon that was mostly laying on the bottom is getting a little more active. I'm sure aging the water could only help more. Here are the images that didn't upload quite right so fingers crossed it works this time. Thank you again for your input I appreciate it!

20200117_181809.jpg
    20200117_181740.jpg
    20200117_181728.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12