AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: what should a person do

Registered Member

Default what should a person do

I have 4 discus in a 50 gallon tank. one is a female for sure as she has layed eggs twice and now she is ready to lay again. one of the males is interested but they are young. He is keeping the others away and will peck on the cone with her the last time he ate her eggs. My question is should I remove the two others and let the other two hopefully do it right this time or leave them all alone. Thank u for your answers

Default Re: what should a person do

4 is not a great number, especially when 3 of them are males and their is just one female. I would keep them together you see big lip locking fights going on. If your male is young don't be surprised if he eats the eggs several times. They should eventually get it right.

Realize that when the pair succeeds you will be presented with many fry. You will need more tanks for grow out. I get a great kick out of breeding. It's a lot of work but if you don't mind the work it's a ton of fun.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Default Re: what should a person do

I really don't know if the other three are all males. Okay I will leave them together and see what happens thank u