AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Moringa Vs Spirulina Powder

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Default Moringa Vs Spirulina Powder

Hi guys , Hope you all fine
    Recently my LFS Beef Heart was going to end , so I thought to make my homemade Beef heart as it will more cheaper then LFS & easy to make .
    so I followed a recipe from youtube & most of the recipe having Spirulina Powder I searched here but i cant find one, i seached for the alternatives & found Moringa powder
    its more cheaper & beneficial then Spirulina as shown in the comparison table attached . So i finish the recipe with Moringa & giving this to Discus from last 48 hours & they are loving it . I dont know what happens later but till now its going good .

So any one tried Moringa in his/her recipe before if yes what is the experience .

Moringa Vs Spirulina.jpg

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Moringa Vs Spirulina Powder

No experience with either, but you should realize that beefheart contains every single one of these ingredients. So you're not adding anything extra.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Francis

I assume he wants to enhance the colour of the discus using spirulina.

The Main Benefits of Spirulina for Fish

* Strengthens the fish immune system.
    * Intensifies fish coloration with rich pigments.
    * Reduces mortality and disease rates.
    * Increases and uniforms fish growth rate. Aids in preventing swollen abdomen and blocked intestinal passages.
    * Enhances unique enzyme production. Orange-yellow pigments cryptoxanthine and beta-carotene from which vitamin A is created. Intensifies fish color.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Willie you are right but u see it will double the ingredients. & as seanyuki said the main reason to adding this is to enhance the colors of fish ....*
    I guess no body yet experience that moringa powder so I share my experience... till I was not finished my recipe I was confused but as I gave the first feed of that to my discus ... they really loved it ... & now they are waiting for me to give that feed again n again .... I am not saying that It is just bcuz of moringa but I was adding this first time ... maybe ill share a feeding time video later .... anyway thanks you both
    Happy Feeding

Registered Member

have not tried either. I've read this somewhere: "Using moringa leaves for feeding poultry and fish is feasible but only in limited amounts due to the presence of fibre and antinutritional factors."