AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinion on these two, please

Default Re: Honest opinion on these two, please

Lol. I think they're pretty darned good, too. I still have things to work on to improve my line. But a breeding project is not a one time, done and achieved thing, it's a process. I'm pretty sure which way I will go when the time comes to breed their kids (if they ever succeed). I think they're getting ready for their second try at it soon but if not this time perhaps their third time.
    Mama Bear

I'd LOVE to see a timeline/pic progression if they do. That never gets old. I think it'd be REALLY cool with that strain as well. What traits are you looking to improve? I can't think of any with those 2. Even if not a hardcore plan, how many generations you hoping until achieving? I'd love to see a 3-5 generation, single thread. I don't think there's been anything close yet. Seen a few 2nd gen's with fry but nothing longer that I'm aware.
    -Elliot

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I agree Elliot! The closest currently active thread is two_utes from Melbourne, Joe. He is breeding the 3rd gen of his eruotions line at the moment. Love to see you do this as well Liz as your stock is stellar!!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    I agree Elliot! The closest currently active thread is two_utes from Melbourne, Joe. He is breeding the 3rd gen of his eruotions line at the moment. Love to see you do this as well Liz as your stock is stellar!!
    It is easy to say that someone is on say the third generation Eruption but actually when they brought the Eruption they were already
    a few generations or more.

Cliff

Registered Member

What I see in Liz's snake skin is that they are
    not first generations, by looking at the thickness of the striations.

Cliff

Dad was a domestic RSG. He's an older gentleman now, but still with me. I have a real soft spot for that fish.

Danny and Elliot don't know how much they are asking of me, do they Cliff. I'll be working on this project until the day I die. It's a very long process.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 02-15-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Mama Bear

Liz, I know I'm asking a LOT . Just thought I'd throw it out there. I know folks have multi-generations overtime but see it in one thread over time would be very cool.

Daniel, that's right! I forgot that Joe has how does eruptions for a while now prayers multiple Generations. Is fish are gnarly as well!

Cliff, I think Daniel was meaning what I was thinking which is when they got their fish (not actually developing strain) but good point... I'm misusing terminology. I think it'd be cool to see hobbyists long time breeding of a strain - especially if they're trying to achieve a trait or 2 from what they start with. I nerd out with genetics
    -Elliot

I don't mind doing it until I'm in my death bed if you don't mind waiting that long. Nothing gets me hot to go like a project to work on. It's how I keep myself happy. Now wish me luck. I know I'll be needing it on this long hard, fun roe to hoe.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    It is easy to say that someone is on say the third generation Eruption but actually when they brought the Eruption they were already
    a few generations or more.

Cliff
    True Cliff, a more accurate comment would be the 3rd generation in Joe's breeding project

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Dad was a domestic RSG. He's an older gentleman now, but still with me. I have a real soft spot for that fish.

Danny and Elliot don't know how much they are asking of me, do they Cliff. I'll be working on this project until the day I die. It's a very long process.
    It's who you are and what you do Liz...you're a breeder at heart...like you said recently, you're not interested in just keeping fish...it's the breeding projects that keep you hooked! I don't mind waiting, patient people with goals inspire me!

Same here!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I don't mind doing it until I'm in my death bed if you don't mind waiting that long. Nothing gets me hot to go like a project to work on. It's how I keep myself happy. Now wish me luck. I know I'll be needing it on this long hard, fun roe to hoe.
    Long live Mama Bear........time to develop a show quality discus for us.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

I moved them to a 38 cube (my favorite size for Discus breeding). Today they are well in to their second day of guarding their eggs. Conditions should be perfect, but it's always up to the fish. I so want them to raise a batch of fry. Danny and Eliot, I feel honored to be asked to post a time line. If they do what I am hoping I certainly will. Thanks everyone for your interest and encouragement.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Good luck with your breeding project. I do hope their offspring will look better than the parents tho.

That's the point of breeding in the first place. The Beatles wanted to take a bad thing and make it better. I want to take an good thing and make it better. I'm about to head to the fish room now. I hope dad is still fanning the eggs. I'm almost afraid to find out.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast