AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Microscope what X Magnification Needed for Capillaria Eggs

Registered Member
    Real Name
    J

Default Microscope what X Magnification Needed for Capillaria Eggs

Hi All

Looking to buy a Microscope what times X Magnification is Needed to see Capillaria Eggs and other internal issues please.

Many Thanks

Default Re: Microscope what X Magnification Needed for Capillaria Eggs

I just so happen to have one if you find out what you need I will check mine to see if it's a match

Jeanne

Real Name
    Francis

General microscopy For general microscope work, a magnification between 40X and 400X is usually sufficient and will allow for relatively easy identification of most common ectoparasites. Higher magnification When talking about higher magnification it is important to understand the difference between simply magnifying the size and increasing the amount of visible detail. With high-power microscopy ..

https://fishdoc.co.uk/?s=Microscope+
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Willie

I used to teach microscopy to Microbiology majors in college. In most cases, the conventional monocular microscopes are difficult to use. They combine a 10X lens with a 10/40/100X lens. The last one, 10X x 100X, gives 1,000X magnification to see bacteria.

I recommend a binocular scope with a maximum of 400X magnification to see most things worthy of seeing. You can readily see capillaria eggs, nematodes, etc. at that magnification.

Bacteria cannot be seen without staining AND 1,000X magnification. Even then, it requires a bit of training.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.