AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Marlboro Red Panda Discus Orange?

Registered Member
    Real Name

Default Are Marlboro Red Panda and Red Marlboro Discus Orange?

I’ve been needing to ask whether Marlboro Red Panda and Marlboro Red Discus are Orange because I’ve seen some calling them red or orange. I think they are orange but I’m either picking the Tangerine Dream Discus or the MRPD or MRD depending on if it is actually orange. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by NC122606; 02-18-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Are Marlboro Red Panda Discus Orange?

Discus names are very loose. I have some that are bright orange but are technically reds. A lot of it depends on the lighting. You can expect smaller ones to eventually look like the parents, so it's good to ask for photo's.

crowded.jpg

Real Name
    Shan

Damn Brian those Marlboros are lit

Registered Member
    Real Name

Ok thanks! Beautiful fish by the way.
    I might go for the Red Panda Marlboro, and if I look at the discus I’ll be purchasing I should be looking for orange-ish looking ones? Thanks!

Real Name
    Brian

The guy I got them from didn't know exactly what they are because the seller sent him the wrong order. But, I think mine are closer to Red Melons with more of a tangerine shade. The Marlboro's I remember usually had white striations through the forehead like the one below, although he is more orange than red as well. I have no idea what a Red Panda Marlboro is...

orangeboy2.JPG

Registered Member
    Real Name

Yeah just saw them on Discus.com and thought they were pretty cool. I wanted the white striations so I looked at Red Marlboros but some of the images that popped up didn't have any... So I might just go for the Red Marlboro since I didn't know they were orange and had the markings!

Registered Member
    Real Name

The last message didn't go through...
    I totally thought Red Marlboro didn't have the white marks so I didn't want them... Now that I know that they are orange and have the markings, . Also, I found Red Panda Marlboro off a website.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by NC122606 View Post
    Yeah just saw them on Discus.com and thought they were pretty cool. I wanted the white striations so I looked at Red Marlboros but some of the images that popped up didn't have any... So I might just go for the Red Marlboro since I didn't know they were orange and had the markings!
    That explains why I've never heard of it, lol... Please do yourself a favor and find another supplier!!!

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...cus-com-anyone

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t-doesn-t-have

Registered Member
    Real Name

Will do! Turned out a lot of the discus I have chosen don't appear anywhere else...
    I think I am on the right track now as I am looking at Kennys, Uncle Sams, and Jack Wattley's.

Real Name
    Willie

I've ordered Fuji Reds from Kenny that were absolutely red, not orange. Mind you, the colors can be adjusted through both color feeding and hormone treatment, but the Fuji Reds stayed pure red when I grew them up. Nevertheless, you should ask for pictures of the exact fish if color is critical to your decision.

Willei
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by NC122606 View Post
    Will do! Turned out a lot of the discus I have chosen don't appear anywhere else...
    I think I am on the right track now as I am looking at Kennys, Uncle Sams, and Jack Wattley's.
    You might check out the Livestock Review section for reviews on Uncle Sam's. The sellers in the Sponsor's section have all been vetted by Al, the forum's owner, as reputable. Discus Hans is not in that list, but he's another well known seller.

Registered Member
    Real Name

Thanks! I didn't know that it was critical before this. Also, I might try to go in the direction of no color enhancement unless I really need it because I'd like to keep lots of different colors...

Registered Member
    Real Name

Totally forgot about Hans... Didn't know that Uncle Sams did that, I will have to look at Hans a bit more because I have been mostly looking at these. Thanks!

Real Name
    Brian

Out of these three mentioned, I highly recommend Kenny, or like Steve said, any of our sponsors...

This is from last year but have a look here... http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...cus&highlight=

Registered Member
    Real Name

Nice write up! That really sucks what happens... I’ll make sure to follow those and will probably order from Kenny’s!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast