AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Stocking a 132 gal

Registered Member

Default Stocking a 132 gal

Hello
    I wanted to keep 6-7 discus(5”) with 15 cardinal tetras, 2 bristlenose, a pair of agassizii and 5 Cory pandas. My problem is that I can’t change the water more than twice a week. I have done a lot of research and it is understood that if more than one pair forms then the fish become stressed because of the bullying from the pairs and the little space left. I read on the official stendker website that you can keep a pair of discus in a community low maintenance panted aquarium. My question is has anyone done it? And were the fish happy or not?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donny

Default Re: Stocking a 132 gal

They are happier in a group, trust me more active. I did only have 2 and they weren't as happy.

Registered Member

Where they a confirmed pair?
    Last edited by kgazos; 02-20-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Real Name
    Shan

A 132 is plenty big for a group of 8-10 with two weekly large water changes in a week. Maybe even one water change if they're close to 18 months or full adults. I would definitely get more than just 6. Only thing I would be worried about is the cardinal treats that would look appetizing.

I've kept a 75 gal high tech planted tank with 20 harlequin rasboras, 6 boesmani raiinbows, 2 farlowellas, 20 panda cories, and 1 pearl gourami and I had a TON of plants with co2 injection. Super high bioload but I did a 80% WC every week.
    Last edited by Shan_Evolved; 02-21-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus