AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Any reputable breeders/dealers/sites for blue angelfish like this?

Registered Member

Question Any reputable breeders/dealers/sites for blue angelfish like this?

I'm looking for some angelfish similar to the one seen in this video. Strong solid or almost solid blue coloration on the body with no stripes or patterns (tail is fine as seen in the video). Just a very pure blue angelfish. Does anyone know?

I'm also interested in news of any breeders currently trying to achieve breeds of pure solid coloration on angelfish in various colors. I've seen bluegreen and greenish patterned angelfish for instance but never a pure green one. Hope one day we'll get angelfish of every color of the rainbow or at least spectrally competitive with their discus cousins.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

Default Re: Any reputable breeders/dealers/sites for blue angelfish like this?

I think you'd find a couple on aquabid listed under phillipine blue angels, listed under the sellers name of johnand48, plecomadness, and bioaquatix. I haven't personally bought from them, but their reviews seem pretty high. Also try bioaquatix. Since angels are cheap (in comparison to discus), it wouldn't hurt to try angels from multiple sources.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul C

I just purchased some from Angelfishusa they came in absolutely beautiful.The packed nice shipped on time no issues at all. I can post some pictures if you like.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

YwYaBg1 copy.jpeg

I have purchased four Platinum Blue Angels which are derived from the Philippine Blues from Joegargas on Aquabid and they are stunning fish; Joe is a great guy to deal with as well.
    Last edited by dornblaser; 01-10-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornblaser View Post
    YwYaBg1 copy.jpeg

I have purchased four Platinum Blue Angels which are derived from the Philippine Blues from Joegargas on Aquabid and they are stunning fish; Joe is a great guy to deal with as well.
    Isn’t he the vendor who sells dime sized discus on aquabid. And writes that this size discus ships best at this size?

Registered Member

Yes Paul, please post pictures.
    Thanks, Ron