Hey guys at simply discus, long time reader first time posting. I have read and read countless of threads about the subject on "white zits" and have never found a definite answer,.
Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

I've had one discus for about 6 months that usually has a pimple or 2 but sometimes they go away, im slowly starting to notice it on another. Hasn't affected the others at all. They still eat fine and look healthy other than the zit.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills,*white/yellow/green poop, hiding,*headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus,*blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

White zit.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

I have tried aquarium salt a couple of times and the zits went away for about a week but then came back.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish

330litres, 5 discus varying size and ages.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

50-80% daily

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

Tank 3 months, but filters and deco(anubias on lava rock) have been running 2 years. Barebottom.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

No

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?*

Seachem prime. I condition 10 minutes before putting in tank.

9. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _____30.5 celcius

- ph _____*7.0 and stable (never moves)

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____less than 5ppm

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____ tap water.

- RO water ____

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

Nope.

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

Diy food mix ingrediants
Beef heart
Shrimp
Scallop
White fish (ling or tilapia)
Peas
Spinich
Spirulina powder
Astaxathin power
Paprika
Banana and egg yolk as binders
Garlic.

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

I will try and get a pic, although thats kina hard because you can only seem to see the zit when your looking at the discus front on. Although there are many of pictures on google that look exactly the same.

As i said i did alot of reading on these 'zits' and have nearly convinced myself there isn't a cure and discus can get pimples just like humans... argh